• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

My (new to me) old clunker!

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the old accordion I've just bought to use to pull apart and attempt repairs; a Delicia Choral IV. It needs lots of work so should give me plenty to practice with. So far I've found rubber reed valves, a couple of broken reeds, 2 reed plates which don't fit their holes in the reed block so the gap had been filled up with silicone sealant, perished felt under the bass reed blocks, 1 black key and 1 white key that fall off the keyboard, dodgy grill cloth replacement after the original mute slider (or whatever it was) had been removed, and 1 bass coupler slide that doesn't open & close completely.
So that's my lockdown weekends taken care of for a while! 😁 Be prepared for lots & lots of questions!

1611429446414.jpg1611429484862.jpg1611429521184.jpg

Ventura

Reaction score
this is a lovely blue Accordion Shaped Object Knobby !

i wish you much luck !

i actually played one of these in Heerlen shortly after the Wall fell...
the east was exporting everything it could for quick western Cash,
and the west was so curious over all these similar but different items

and i still perform a version of "Winds of Change" at the local Oktoberfests on occasion

Last edited:

Chickers

Reaction score
KNOBBY:
Wow, from the pictures, of the "outside", the old Delecia doesn't look bad, however it sounds like the interanls are a disaster. good luck
on your project. I like your motivation for a challenge. I do like the bright blue finish.
CHICKERS

Scuromondo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is the old accordion I've just bought to use to pull apart and attempt repairs; a Delicia Choral IV. It needs lots of work so should give me plenty to practice with. So far I've found rubber reed valves, a couple of broken reeds, 2 reed plates which don't fit their holes in the reed block so the gap had been filled up with silicone sealant, perished felt under the bass reed blocks, 1 black key and 1 white key that fall off the keyboard, dodgy grill cloth replacement after the original mute slider (or whatever it was) had been removed, and 1 bass coupler slide that doesn't open & close completely.
So that's my lockdown weekends taken care of for a while! 😁 Be prepared for lots & lots of questions!

1611429446414.jpg1611429484862.jpg1611429521184.jpg
These photos look like they would be perfect for one of those eBay ads that start out with, “I don’t know anything about accordions, but this one looks like new. ...No returns accepted. “

NickC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I always loved the look of blue pearloid accordions. Good luck with the restoration.

daveburkevt

Reaction score
Congratulations! Very smart! I'm hoping to follow your example and find a local accordion that needs TLC to provide me with experience in accordion repair.