• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

My FR8xb has finally arrived. And thank you Roland for throwing in a Bose S1 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Gubb

Reaction score
It’s here at last, and Roland dealership gave me a Bose S1 Pro amplifier because they mucked up the order.
Now a couple of questions

1) Should the palm bar be hard to press and have to move as deep as possible to make it’s change?

2) There appears to be nowhere to plug in an MP3 player, is there a way?

3) On YouTube clips I’ve seen White on Black for the screen. Was that not on a FR8x? Is there a way to change to B&W?

That’s all for now.

Hi Brian.
Indeed there is no audio in but you can put music files on a usb stick and play them that way.
My palm switch needs a good shove but I don’t find it difficult.
As for the screen, I don’t think it has a black and white setting. Do you think this will be better?

Brian Gubb pid=68558 dateline=1576200911 said:
It’s here at last, and Roland dealership gave me a Bose S1 Pro amplifier because they mucked up the order.

1) Should the palm bar be hard to press and have to move as deep as possible to make it’s change?

3) A: On YouTube clips I’ve seen White on Black for the screen.
    B: Was that not on a FR8x?
    C: Is there a way to change to B&W?

That’s all for now.

1 - On an 8X?  No, it should be very easy, easlier than on an acoustic.
2 - No.
3 - A-B: It was not an 8X
      C: No it is the color it is.

Thanks for your responses.

It’s a shame there is no aux in, being vision impaired I have an MP3 player that can rewind in 5 sec blocks, I can listen then play and repeat as often as I need it. I can work around it but it would have been nice to have in onboard.

A Black and White screen would be better for me but it is what is is.

And as for the palm bar, I’ll take it back to get it checked out as it’s near impossible to use.

You can play MP3 files (standard-low quality) using the USB stick and Player section of the 8X.

The 8X is not very "visually impaired" friendly. The screen is clear, though, and the position of the buttons is well spaced out and fairly logical.

There is a mp3 audio input on FR4x, but never used it. Many arrangers in the last couple years had them too. But seems it is being eliminated on newer models. For example the newer Korg pa1000 does not have it. I still like the idea of a usb stick...
The iPad is a powerful unit when playing MP3 midi files for backing. Connected direct to a mixer. With the use of Songbook+ app, you select a song and it can be configured to play a mp3 or midi file. I tried them all and find this the most user friendly.

https://www.songbookplus.com/?lang=en

JerryPH pid=68562 dateline=1576279768 said:

That’s all for now.

2 - No.

JerryPH pid=68562 dateline=1576279768 said:

That’s all for now.

2 - No.

The Bose S1 has Bluetooth to play all your mp3 from your iPad, iPhone, android devices. Pairs easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back