• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Morricone

Walker

Reaction score
Ric46, I have been stuck at Piacenza train station more times than I care to remember - always on the way to Stradella.

But please, if we are talking Morricone, what is more lovely than the Theme from Cinema Paradiso?

Happy New Year to you both,

Stewart

Giovanni

Reaction score
Cinema Paradiso is one of my favourite films and of course the music is moving and excellent .
For anyone that has not actually seen the film it is available on DVD ......I would recommend getting the version that is the extended version that has all the editors cuts included ,,,making the film longer . the cut version does not have a satisfactory ending its sort of up in the air . the other version you see that main character who has become by now a famous Italian film director .......actually meets up again with the love of his youth Elena !!!...................................

Walker

Reaction score
Not Morricone, but similar.
Hi Chris,

I had to think about this for a while... I think Morricone and other great composers of soundtracks for motion pictures - they have the ability to write music that is both commercial in it's appeal, but their music also has quality and substance.

If I may give two more examples that have star quality (which is also evident in Morricone's work):

Theme from Ladies in Lavender by Nigel Hess

Also, The John Dunbar Theme (Dances With Wolves) by John Barry