• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

morino reeds m--models

Status
Not open for further replies.

morino master

Reaction score
some time back an article appeared relating to different reeds in these models.. i have ivm & vm versions with 123 basses&127bass.
some have artiste , reeds , but my grey ivm has swedish reeds and has a far better response from these reeds than my ivm with the artiste reeds.
also on this accordion the large bass reeds are srewed in and not waxed it produces a nicer bass sound than the model that has the artiste reeds
waxed in.

has any one any comments on this or have seen this before?

morino master.

The Morino M series was initially fitted with Hohner "Artiste" reeds. There were (supposedly) made by Hohner itself. Later Hohner started putting Italian Bugari reeds in them. (These may have used swedish steel, I don't know.) The Morino M accordions with Bugari reeds are generally preferred over the ones with Artiste reeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back