• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

More acoustics with Electronic Add On's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
regarding solenoids in Accordions...

Gil Miller had his Cordovox wired with diode-triggered relays to drive Solenoids
in his PolyMoog Synth (for live performance)

this was all pre-MIDI

it was a beast to move around and setup

I think Bugari did a good job on this, however, they should NOT have stopped with just the left hand being solenoid powered, but the right hand too! Same thing for the carbon fiber parts, make the entire case out of it, not just the grill. The accordion is just cool enough that it interests me, though I am not really in to converter instruments.

Great concept, especially the carbon fiber and solenoids, just not a complete concept, IMHO. Show me see a 185 bass version with 47 piano keyboard all out of carbon fiber and I would be sincerely tempted to whip out my credit card!

Replacing the complex bass system with a solenoid gate mechanism has been something I have always thought would occur (maybe even for both sides). This may not be the first, but is the first I have seen. Thanks, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back