• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Montmartre waltz anyone recognize this musette waltz.

godgi

Reaction score
Came across this nice waltz by accident. Sounds quiet nice and did some research. I cannot find a sheet copy and I am wondering is it the waltz composed by Mat Mathews of jazz fame. As there is a waltz on e bay of that name but the music sample appears different.
Godgi

i think you might have to transcribe. The composer is a prolific french/swiss tv theme composer I think. He is still alive but I cannot get a contact e mail.
Godgi

Godgi,
Judging by the attributing notes with the dust jacket accompanying this clip, the music (Montmartre Waltz) was most likely composed by Charles Émile Waldteufel, a 19th to early 20th century French composer (1837-1915) who also composed the well known and popular "Skaters' Waltz"🙂
See here:
Here's a further similar attribution:

Last edited:
I think it is composed by a modern day french movie soundtrack composer. I have his name somewhere but mabey you are right it was composed by as u say. It's looks easy to transcribe but I do not have the time.
Godgi

Last edited:
It's not on his list of compositions on a couple of sources I have looked at either is the skaters waltz by the way. I think that waltz called something else let patisiene or some name like that

Back