• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Mobile phones

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
2,561
Reaction score
26
Location
Netherlands
If your accordion was mobile phone enabled (with camera if you splash out on a top model), what would you do with this amazing addition to your musical instrument?
 

jarvo

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
I'd probably leave it in the glove box of the car......for emergencies only....and then find that the battery is flat when I actually do need to use it..... :x

.....I actually loathe mobile phone culture......especially yoofs who are constantly peering at them, or articulating their digits on the screen..............to engage a lot of teenagers in conversation, text them....they don't appear to know how to make eye contact !! :hb :b :geek:
 
D

Don Roberts

Guest
jarvo said:
Id probably leave it in the glove box of the car......for emergencies only....and then find that the battery is flat when I actually do need to use it..... :x

.....I actually loathe mobile phone culture......especially yoofs who are constantly peering at them, or articulating their digits on the screen..............to engage a lot of teenagers in conversation, text them....they dont appear to know how to make eye contact !! :hb :b :geek:
I couldnt agree with you more jarvo, Im afraid the use of cell phones has become a serious addiction. There has been many times I have noticed young parents ignoring their children preferring to thumb through screens on their electronic devices. I think they will come to regret this. :(
 

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
2,561
Reaction score
26
Location
Netherlands
Have you noticed parents playing their accordion and hence ignoring their children?
I think not. Ergo: If the phone was a part of the accordin, parents would have more time for their children. :)
 

jarvo

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
I attend and attempt to participate in a Beginners Jazz Jam group ( I use my guitar......well try to ...jazz has more than three chords )but my point is that there are two or three teenagers who play there.....as soon as the piece we're playing is finished..out come the mobiles...cells whatever ...and as the session leader/facilitator is talking they are glued to these things...last week the kid sat to the forward left of me started to receive an incoming signal....I knew because my amp began to make that tell tale buzzing and beeping that electronic devices make when a phone imminently goes off......he was about to get a dig with an epiphone ep-175 headstock when he glanced up and saw his impending doom and switched the device of Satan off....... :b :lol:


There's an accorduion in this somewhere ....I just have to find it {}
 

jarvo

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
Glenn said:
Have you noticed parents playing their accordion and hence ignoring their children?
I think not. Ergo: If the phone was a part of the accordin, parents would have more time for their children. :)



Ahhhh yes .....but it would destroy any chance for future Accordion culture.........most of the kids that I know today would not know whether to play or text ,try to do both and do themselves a mischeif !!
 

Tom

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,954
Reaction score
379
Location
USA
Jam with my friends in another country or state over the cell network.
 
S

smdc66

Guest
Glenn said:
Have you noticed parents playing their accordion and hence ignoring their children?
:)

yes i have, until they learn to multi task ....... :p

anyway what about the best of both worlds and have every phone come with an accordion app invention which is slightly addictive, angry accordions or something...... {} :twisted: {}.tba

dave aka smdc66
 

Anyanka

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
9
Location
Reigate, Surrey, UK
Glenn said:
If your accordion was mobile phone enabled (with camera if you splash out on a top model), what would you do with this amazing addition to your musical instrument?

I dont even understand the question... how does one mobile phone enable a squeezebox? - but then I still use an ancient Nokia which is only good for making calls and texting. Sometimes I use the calculator on it too. The phone has teethmarks on it (not mine), and makes my students laugh. :geek:
 

donn

Prolific poster
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
1,347
Reaction score
21
Location
Seattle, Washington
I can only guess that the question envisions a general proliferation of telephone capability, such that many commonplace things become `mobile appliances.' This interpretation would make more sense if you also suppose an a substantially electronic implementation of the accordion. Maybe you could connect your accordion to another one far away, and play this slave accordion for a rehearsal where you can't appear in person. That's the only advantage I can think of, though.

An `analogue' accordion, such as most of us use today, plus a cellular phone would be a pointless but easy exercise involving some duct tape.
 

jarvo

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
Anyanka said:
Glenn said:
If your accordion was mobile phone enabled (with camera if you splash out on a top model), what would you do with this amazing addition to your musical instrument?

I dont even understand the question... how does one mobile phone enable a squeezebox? - but then I still use an ancient Nokia which is only good for making calls and texting. Sometimes I use the calculator on it too. The phone has teethmarks on it (not mine), and makes my students laugh. :geek:


I have one of those too....somewhere...no teethmarks though....well not yet at least! :D
 
A

Adam-T

Guest
Anyanka said:
I don't even understand the question... how does one mobile phone enable a squeezebox? - but then I still use an ancient Nokia which is only good for making calls and texting. Sometimes I use the calculator on it too. The phone has teethmarks on it (not mine), and makes my students laugh. :geek:

There are Apps (programs) for Smartphones (pocket computers masquerading as telephones) and Tablets (massive smartphones with 7" and 10" screens) which turn them into touchscreen Rolands , even Hohner do an official Melodeon one , they`re a gimmick really though have their uses - to show different button layouts of melodeons or fingering of CBAs for example but not much use for playing, I`ve not seen a PA one, only button boxes
 

Anyanka

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
9
Location
Reigate, Surrey, UK
Oh, ok. I've seen one of those on a friend's iPad. It was for melodeon, and I can't remember how it simulated the push/pull. Takes all the fun out of playing, in my opinion...
 
G

GOM

Guest
If my PA were phone enabled it would be mostly switched off when playing, except:

! when I wanted to use iRealbook backings or iGigbook for the dots.

Two of the most musician friendly apps. IMHO.

Alun
 

Similar threads

Top