• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

midi help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thos

Hi Friends,
I have a 23 year old Tonaveri with Midi. The grill on the accordion is a "Master" with "Saturn" under the word master. I have it hooked up to a Roland BK7 and it is great but I must have pushed something wrong. Treble, chords, and drums work great but when I push a bass button it plays 2 notes higher on the BK7. So if I push a C bass it plays E. If I push G it plays B etc. I am looking for an owner's manual or a factory reset idea or if anyone know what I am doing wrong I would appreciate your help. The problem is not with the transpose on the BK7. I know how to do that. I have attached a picture of the Master grill.
Thanks for your help.
Tom

Attachments

• Midi Master.jpg
    Midi Master.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 1,709
Welcome. Sorry for the lack of help, but I googled around for a while. The only link that was even partially relevant was (http://mastermidi.weebly.com/ ). You might want to contact them and see if they can help you out with either some advice or a PDF document for your setup.

I personally have never heard of a Master Saturn MIDI. They might be working under another name. I hope someone can help you more than I have.

OK well thanks for trying Jerry. I'll give that website a try...can't hurt.

Could it be a setting in the Roland device and not your midi interface?

I did a quick run through the BK manual and did not find anything that could cause this. I suppose that it would not hurt to reset the BK to factory specs, just to eliminate that possibility.

This is one very hard to find issue. Besides the link I provided, there was no recurrance on the web anywhere about this MIDI system except for an old sales listing of a Guerrini button accordion for sale in Poland that also had this MIDI system.

At this point, if there is no documentation and no other help found, the long road is to document on paper each setting and start the slow process of going through each setting manually.

Hi Guys,
Thanks again for trying to help. It's not the BK7 and I have put that back to factory settings. My accordion is at the shop getting a squeaky reed fixed but when I get it back I have another idea to try. It is playing the second note of a chord as if it was the first inversion. I am not a chord expert but it may be it is inverting the chord to the first inversion so it is playing the second note of the chord instead of the first and it needs to be set to just pick up the one bass note....not sure if I am on the right track but it's my next step as soon as I get it back.
Thanks again for trying to help.
Tom

I scanned in the manual I have for this and attached it. Doing a 'Reset' will hopefully clear the problem. I don't have the Saturn model, I have the Sun model. Don't know the differences, but this is the manual given to me when I got the accordion, which is a 72 bass Monterry accordion made by Italo-American.

Attachments

• Master Saturn Manual.pdf
    443.7 KB · Views: 106
Wow, that was really nice of you! Perhaps this person needs to be sent a private message about this post, letting them know that there is something new for them to try. I'll do that now. :)

To: PolishMoonPolkaTrio
You are the best. I can't tell you how this will help me. This was so kind of you to take the time to help me. I live in Washington state about 30 minutes north of Seattle. If you are ever going to be in my area please send me an email. I owe you dinner and cocktails.
One more time THANK YOU!!!
Tom
<EMAIL email="tombahr@johnlscott.com">tombahr@johnlscott.com</EMAIL>

Well now that I have the manual, I have everything I need from you friends. I haven't reset everything back to original settings but if that doesn't do it, it won't be anything that you can help me with.....it will be a electronic problem not a midi problem....so thanks for you help.
Tom

IT WORKED :)
Special thanks to the PolishMoonPolkaTrio for sending me the manual. I reset to the factory settings and I am up and running again.
Thanks to everyone for pitching in to help.
Tom

Glad that it worked out for you. I haven't plugged in the Master MIDI on my accordion for a long time (I have a different MIDI-ed accordion that I use) and am not sure if the Master even works anymore. I was wearing that accordion when I fell off a stage a couple of years back. Wasn't sure I could help you if the manual didn't.

PolishMoonPolkaTrio said:
I was wearing that accordion when I fell off a stage a couple of years back. Wasnt sure I could help you if the manual didnt.

Wow, hope you werent badly hurt! What were you doing that caused you to fall off the stage??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back