• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

"Memories of Paris" by Frank Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.

StargazerTony

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the sheet music, or even a lead sheet for this tune? Went to his website and the link to buy it is broken and I get no response from the link to his publisher or agent indicated.

I could try to transcribe it. Do you have a link to a recording of Frank playing it? Is it on an album of his? (I can only videos of people covering it... I like to transcribe from the source if possible!)

StargazerTony post_id=64038 time=1541441157 user_id=2434 said:
Anyone know where I can get the sheet music, or even a lead sheet for this tune? Went to his website and the link to buy it is broken and I get no response from the link to his publisher or agent indicated.

No joy this side of the pond. Unfortunately Frank Marocco wasnt very well known over here, and there are so many titles with the word Paris in them that I drew a blank. There is a guitar tune by the same name but it sounds nothing like it.

However, heres a guy playing the tune on a PA, and it should be relatively easy to follow him. Dont think its note perfect or maybe even close, but it was the best I could do:-

Heres another version, but Ive no idea who is playing, and whoever it is isnt French. Mind you, if Frank Marocco composed the tune it wouldnt be French at all. Nice composition nevertheless :-

xocd post_id=64131 time=1541644727 user_id=2246 said:
Is this it?

Memories of Paris by Frank Marocco

Seems to go with this youtube video:

cordeenman

Googling Memories of Paris accordion pdf gives several other likely results.
Cordeenman plays this nicely, but it does not seem to be the song from the musescore site... (and its not only the key it is in, it looks like a completely different song to me).

Yes, Paul, I agree. its not the same song, but just the same title.

I think you can hear the song better here Well, most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back