• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Mark Savoy and the Cajun Accordion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is really cool:

It is , it is....good post Tom....I love this deceptively simple sounding music and those boxes are fantastic.....

Nice thing is that the cajun accordion and the organetto have the same button layout, although the two traditional styles are quite different musically there is a similarity of cultural application. Like look at the fiddle versus the tambourine as common partner instrument, I would say the organetto music is more dance oriented and the cajun is more chill. An oversimplification, obviously but I gotta try some of those tunes......

Even if you dont own, play, or want to own or play a Cajun accordion Marc Savoys website is well worth a visit, particularly the writings section.
http://www.savoymusiccenter.com/
I very much like what he says along the lines of the music has got to be in you, instruments and technique are just a way of getting it out.

Thanks for the tip, Tom, cool site. Fifty years of making Cajun accordions, with Italian reeds, of course. Clearly a man who has suceeded in finding his niche, followed his dream. Better get one while they are still available.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back