• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Making an accordion resources website

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

Guest
hello i'm making an accordion website for beginners as when I first started 5 months ago it seemed as though there was not much information such as where to start, sheet music etc.
I would like to have some suggestions to put on the site so far I have put some beginner tips as well as some song tutorials which leads to other people doing tutorials on youtube as well as this I also plan to make my own because as said there isn't always sheet music available for what you want to play and so I want to make tutorials for some of them etc..

but yeah any suggestions for anything else to put on it?
 
A

accordian

Guest
oh and one of the thing's im going to do is link this forum
 

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
4,999
Reaction score
597
You might search this site back to 2013 as most everything you are looking for has been posted or covered here in the past 5 years.
Your endeavor to the making of an accordion resources website can be accomplished by "condensing the information" in the posts you will find here.
This of course will be time consuming but the result will most likely be the most informative site on the web.
:tup:
 
A

accordian

Guest
JIM D. post_id=52914 time=1512135116 user_id=63 said:
You might search this site back to 2013 as most everything you are looking for has been posted or covered here in the past 5 years.
Your endeavor to the making of an accordion resources website can be accomplished by condensing the information in the posts you will find here.
This of course will be time consuming but the result will most likely be the most informative site on the web.
:tup:

ah yes thats true well first of all I will be find many songs that I know and making tutorials in videos as well as using other sources for tutorials such as synthesia songs etc. thanks for the info oh and quick question does a chromatic accordion with stradella bass have two notes on one button on the treble side?
 

StargazerTony

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 6, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
2
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
A nice idea. Hope you are successful. One thought I have, is to determine what this thing "." is and use it occasionally. Perhaps at the end of a sentence?
 

Anyanka

Prolific poster
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
13
Location
Reigate, Surrey, UK
accordian post_id=52923 time=1512139630 user_id=2458 said:
... and quick question does a chromatic accordion with stradella bass have two notes on one button on the treble side?

No, and yes.... Its technically the same note, but each button or key relates to several REEDS all playing different versions of the same note.

This depends which coupler setting youre using! For the coupler with one dot, therell be one note (however, two reeds per note, one that plays on the push, one on the pull) - two dots means you have two versions of the same note, usually tuned slightly differently to give that jangly sound. Two dots with another below, and you have one note thats an octave below the other two.
 

Mr Mark

Squeezebaggeroni...
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
288
Reaction score
64
Location
Edmonton, AB
Well I'm generally pretty new to this but no. The over abundance of information out there on the intertron is overwhelming - most critically (and fortunately!) in the area of sheet music, Perhaps if there was an advanced methodology to improve absorbtion and physical application of this information then yes. Otherwise as a beginner there is no maybe in practice.
 

Stephen Hawkins

Experienced Gentleman.
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
36
Location
Lancashire, England.
Accordian,

Please do provide links to your new site; it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Have you found someone to edit it yet?

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
 
A

accordian

Guest
Stephen Hawkins post_id=52983 time=1512299431 user_id=1440 said:
Accordian,

Please do provide links to your new site; it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Have you found someone to edit it yet?

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

well so far im making it myself on wix although at the moment the site is very , very basic. although i plan to have things for beginners such as tips on how to find music without sheets eg. by ear etc. as well as methods for learning i use myself such as naming hand positions for the left hand / left hand rotation angles , tutorials of my own and others etc. the problem is getting everything organised because the way im designing site is with diagrams eg. when I click here I go here from here I can go , etc. the thing is everytime I add something I end up changing alot of the design so at the moment im still thinking it up
 

Stephen Hawkins

Experienced Gentleman.
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
36
Location
Lancashire, England.
Hello Accordian,

You seem to have all the enthusiasm you need to make your site a success, together with the technical ability to make it work.

Having been co-founder and sole editor of a political forum, I can tell you that running a successful forum requires clarity of purpose and very good communication skills. Any failure in that regard will create a bad impression on the reader, and is likely to result in poor visitor numbers.

I will certainly look at your forum, once you have provided a link.

Good Luck,

Stephen.
 

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
671
Reaction score
226
Location
Derbyshire, UK
accordian post_id=53011 time=1512344575 user_id=2458 said:
well so far im making it myself on wix .........

You are going to struggle to make something as ambitious as this using Wix, or any other build your website in 10 minutes without any previous knowledge type system.
For what you are attempting you would be much better off with a CMS (content management system) such as Joomla or Wordpress.
 
A

accordian

Guest
Knobby post_id=53027 time=1512380750 user_id=54 said:
accordian post_id=53011 time=1512344575 user_id=2458 said:
well so far im making it myself on wix .........

You are going to struggle to make something as ambitious as this using Wix, or any other build your website in 10 minutes without any previous knowledge type system.
For what you are attempting you would be much better off with a CMS (content management system) such as Joomla or Wordpress.

hmm well honestly i hadnt been considering the forum part yet i mean i was going to link the forum but hadnt considered making my own i was going to gather all the topics i could find from the forum and then put them into categories eg. info for piano accordions and then more categories eg. how to play . fixing , chords etc.
 

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
671
Reaction score
226
Location
Derbyshire, UK
accordian post_id=53042 time=1512406512 user_id=2458 said:
hmm well honestly i hadnt been considering the forum part yet i mean i was going to link the forum but hadnt considered making my own i was going to gather all the topics i could find from the forum and then put them into categories eg. info for piano accordions and then more categories eg. how to play . fixing , chords etc.

My suggestion is nothing to do with a forum. Content Management Systems make designing and managing websites simpler, and allow a level of customisation that you are unlikely to get with Wix et al. They provide a flexible framework for managing information on your website while maintaining the look and feel of your site.
 

Stephen Hawkins

Experienced Gentleman.
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
36
Location
Lancashire, England.
Accordian,

I am now very confused.

You seem to be saying that you will take information from this forum, and somehow reorganise it to fit into your new forum. Is this your intention?

If that is what you intend, it would be plagiarism. Legalities aside, it is a morally dubious action.

Please clarify your intentions with regard to the use of material from this forum, as I can foresee some ramifications ahead.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
 
A

accordian

Guest
Knobby post_id=53045 time=1512410297 user_id=54 said:
accordian post_id=53042 time=1512406512 user_id=2458 said:
hmm well honestly i hadnt been considering the forum part yet i mean i was going to link the forum but hadnt considered making my own i was going to gather all the topics i could find from the forum and then put them into categories eg. info for piano accordions and then more categories eg. how to play . fixing , chords etc.

My suggestion is nothing to do with a forum. Content Management Systems make designing and managing websites simpler, and allow a level of customisation that you are unlikely to get with Wix et al. They provide a flexible framework for managing information on your website while maintaining the look and feel of your site.

lol I replied to the wrong comment
 

Stephen Hawkins

Experienced Gentleman.
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
36
Location
Lancashire, England.
Hello Accordian,

If I am wrong, please tell me. I get the distinct impression that you intend to re-hash threads from this forum and put them on your new forum, and I am struggling to imagine what benefit "your" readers will derive from this.

Perhaps I am a bit slow to catch on, so I would appreciate clarification regarding how you will source and edit the material you intend to use.

Thanking you in anticipation of an early reply.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
 
A

accordian

Guest
Stephen Hawkins post_id=53100 time=1512517948 user_id=1440 said:
Hello Accordian,

If I am wrong, please tell me. I get the distinct impression that you intend to re-hash threads from this forum and put them on your new forum, and I am struggling to imagine what benefit your readers will derive from this.

Perhaps I am a bit slow to catch on, so I would appreciate clarification regarding how you will source and edit the material you intend to use.

Thanking you in anticipation of an early reply.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

well at the moment the idea is to make a site that will have tutorials for beginners for playing 2 hands etc. places and ways to find sheet music and different links to different sites such as this one.

my hope is that if people cant quite find what there looking for eg. how to play this song or that song etc. then I will have it if they would like to get more info and I dont have it on the site then thats where I can link other sources of information such as this and others which may prove useful such as video tutorials etc.
 

Stephen Hawkins

Experienced Gentleman.
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
36
Location
Lancashire, England.
Hello Accordian,

I would not feel confident enough to attempt a project of the magnitude you are proposing , at least not with the level of experience I have at the moment.

I have taught in many Colleges (and other reputable institutions) but I knew my subjects inside out. Is your knowledge of accordions of a sufficiently high level to pull this off?

Anyway, I guess we will soon know the answer to that question.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top