• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Love that Steirichen Harmonika!🙂

hais1273

Reaction score
Well, here's a bit of Germanic fun. I rather like the helikon bass, although I wouldn't want one. I know some people who would hate it. The instruments look good.
Several years ago a Swiss group visited Worthing Morris Day complete with Alpine horns, dirndl's and Steirishes Harmonica's and Swiss danceyness.

JeffJetton

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Love it! The intro to that first one really shows you the importance of bass button articulation (in general, but especially with Helikons). He brings out those basses with legato presses for their "solo", but then they drop back into an appropriate supporting role via extremely staccato presses when the vocals come in. Very musical. 🎵

ramron67

Reaction score
Hi,
I love my steirische harmonika too! They are so much fun to play.
If you enjoy the you tube videos of playing, and you don't mind watching a show in German then you need to check out the Austrian steirische harmonika contest (Steirischer Harmonikawettbewerb).

This YouTube channel has posted the contest going back to 2015. Apparently kids from all over Austria submit recordings and the top 100 or so are invited to perform in person. Of these, the top 5 are invited to the finals which are shown on TV in this one-hour show.

The kids are AMAZING!

All the best.