• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Looking for someone to do repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

Reaction score
Live in Central Virginia USA.   Looking for reputable person that can do repair work on accordions.   I have tried one person and he was not successful in fixing the issues.   Any recommendations?

Mike K said:
Live in Central Virginia USA.   Looking for reputable person that can do repair work on accordions.   I have tried one person and he was not successful in fixing the issues.   Any recommendations?

I am not sure if he's still doing work, but I would recommend Tony Grieco without reservation. His user name on this board is "tonyg". Send him a PM or an e-mail. (I've had recent problems with PM and e-mail, so good luck with that). If he is unable to do the work himself, he would be able to recommend someone else.

Dingo40 pid=68207 dateline=1573881386 said:
Hi Mike,
Not real familiar with the USA, but how’s this?

https://accordionsrule.com/repairs-supplies/

BTW, what’s wrong with your accordion, and what make/ kind is it?

Giulietti model N47, if I remember correctly, free bass converter type.   Several notes are out of whack in one direction.   Not a major issue but sure can destroy the sound.   I had it in to get fixed but still have the same problems.   Spent a couple hundred on the repairs.

fphlpsnrg pid=68209 dateline=1573930027 said:
Mike K pid=68206 dateline=1573867657 said:

I am not sure if hes still doing work, but I would recommend Tony Grieco without reservation. His user name on this board is tonyg. Send him a PM or an e-mail. (Ive had recent problems with PM and e-mail, so good luck with that). If he is unable to do the work himself, he would be able to recommend someone else.
Looked him up and he is in Albany NY......probably 8 hours away or so.   Trying for closer than that.

Mike,
Thanks for the info on your accordion.
Incidentally, Jim Rice of Accordions Rule ( the link I gave you) is in Williamsburg, only 50 minutes from you by motor car. :)

If you do end up making a road trip/vacation out of it I would totally see JimD from these boards in Massachusetts. I did a couple years ago and he was awesome. Great way to spend an afternoon. I learned a lot, he knows about everything, and willing to share his knowledge. He did a great job. I can't recommend him enough.

Mike K said:

How far are you from the Philadelphia area?

Mike K pid=68228 dateline=1574038367 said:
Hi Mike,

Giulietti model N47, if I remember correctly, free bass converter type.   Several notes are out of whack in one direction.   Not a major issue but sure can destroy the sound.   I had it in to get fixed but still have the same problems.   Spent a couple hundred on the repairs.

I am not sure if hes still doing work, but I would recommend Tony Grieco without reservation. His user name on this board is tonyg. Send him a PM or an e-mail. (Ive had recent problems with PM and e-mail, so good luck with that). If he is unable to do the work himself, he would be able to recommend someone else.
Looked him up and he is in Albany NY......probably 8 hours away or so.   Trying for closer than that.

The U.S. is definitely not like Europe as far as the accordion is concerned. Tony has worked on my instrument. He also acquired Julio Giuleittis parts inventory upon his death in 1996. FedEx (company store, not franchise) seems to be the best way to ship an instrument. When you do find a technician, please post that info here.

I am very fortunate in that I have a well known and very good accordion repairer in my town (and for the next 2 weeks my Hohner is with her getting a complete retune from top to bottom and anything that requires attention, even the small things, is being addressed), however, if I needed to drive 8 hours for good service, I would not hesitate (been there and done that too!).

Good accordion repair people are very rare nowadays.

Mike K pid=68228 dateline=1574038367 said:
Hi Mike,

Last time I talked with him , maybe 2 yrs ago he said he was quitting accordion repair.

Hi Mike:
You might call Al DiMarco _ a member here and fine repairman
910 769 2485
I've been mentoring him for 10 years now and he's next to you in NC.

JIM D. said:
Hi Mike:
910 769 2485
 He is moving to New Orleans.

JIM D. said:
Hi Mike:
910 769 2485

JIM D. said:
Hi Mike:
910 769 2485

Mike K said:

Hello Mike - 

Glad to help with accordion repair... if still needed!

We're in Decatur GA (metro Atlanta)... which is more than a stone's throw away from you.

However, if the situation and time-frame allow, we can sometimes arrange transport with friends/family near Charlottesville VA or Greensboro NC. 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Brantley
accordionology.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back