• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

looking for info on Scandalli L102/246 80 Bass

victorlepri

Reaction score
I got my great grandfather's accordion restored and I'm looking for more information on it, unfortunately the serial number is very had to read (if this is where it actually is). The model is a Scandalli 80bass with the model number L102/246. Any information such as model info, documentation, expected price evaluation, year of manufacturing is valuable as I want to learn more about the history of this instrument.

Ps: this is not for sale.

Thank you!

IMG_4893.jpeg
IMG_4894.jpegIMG_4897.jpeg

Welcome Victor!🙂
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will respond. In the meantime, I'll try to fill the gap.🙂
Scandalli is a reputable Italian maker of, chiefly, mid-range accordions.
This one appears to be a three-voice (Low, Middle, Middle, as per the dots on the switches) version of their upper end Polifonico (or Brevetto) model, the four-voiced version being "semi professional " and bearing asking prices on the internet (for the four-voice examples) of up to 3 or 4 thousand dollars. That's not to say that they are actually getting such prices.
There were about 14 iterations of this line over many years. This one could be from the 1960s.
The "lids" are a type of mute or "sordino", intended for varying the volume of the sound emanating from the instrument and are in better than average condition for age.
A lot depends on the state of "the innards ".
I'd say it's a nice thing, in a popular colour and quite suitable for an amateur enthusiast or a folk musician.🙂

Last edited:
Welcome Victor!🙂
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will respond. In the meantime, I'll try to fill the gap.🙂
Scandalli is a reputable Italian maker of, chiefly, mid-range accordions.
This one appears to be a three-voice (Low, Middle, Middle, as per the dots on the switches) version of their upper end Polifonico (or Brevetto) model, the four-voiced version being "semi professional " and bearing asking prices on the internet (for the four-voice examples) of up to 3 or 4 thousand dollars. That's not to say that they are actually getting such prices.
There were about 14 iterations of this line over many years. This one could be from the 1960s.
The "lids" are a type of mute or "sordino", intended for varying the volume of the sound emanating from the instrument and are in better than average condition for age.
A lot depends on the state of "the innards ".
I'd say it's a nice thing, in a popular colour and quite suitable for an amateur enthusiast or a folk musician.🙂
Hi @Dingo40 this is amazing! Thank you so much.

Here is a photo of the voices, does this mean 3 voices or 4?

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpeg
    IMG_4965.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 9
Back