• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Looking for a used, functional Roland FR-1 (the discontinued model)

pillbugg

Reaction score
Bewitched am I with accordions. But there is one problem: I need to practice quietly and I am unable to with an acoustic one. The only solution is to acquire a digital accordion.

I particularly interested in the discontinued models, especially the FR-1. I think a price tag of the amount shown in the title of this video demonstration is fair for a used FR-1, 795$.

I will also consider the similarly discontinued models, FR-2 and FR-3. I reside in southern California, USA.

pillbugg

Reaction score
So I posted an ad on craigslist and someone is trying to sell an FR-1 for 600. They brought it down for some reason, after I set the price of 765. Too good to be true? Maybe. I'm expecting some broken features. This person seems to be very busy, and is currently on vacation. Says they'll get back to me...

Will pillbugg ever get a coveted discontinued Roland accordion model? Stay tuned to find out.

simonmax

Reaction score
Hi,
I have one that I'm looking to sell, as I bought a FR-7 and right now I have a FRX-B1 for sale about 100 miles from where I am.
I won't sell for $600, which is much less than what I paid for it, but 795 seems reasonable.
I have to check how much shipping is.
If you want a video of me playing it ( after playing CBA just for two months) I can try to find the link for you.
Simon

pillbugg

Reaction score
Hi,
I have one that I'm looking to sell, as I bought a FR-7 and right now I have a FRX-B1 for sale about 100 miles from where I am.
I won't sell for $600, which is much less than what I paid for it, but 795 seems reasonable.
I have to check how much shipping is.
If you want a video of me playing it ( after playing CBA just for two months) I can try to find the link for you.
Simon
Oh you mean a FR-1XB such as this one?:
fr-1xb-bk_top_open_main.jpg
Those are button accordions (the ones with the round buttons as opposed to the keyboard), which I am not interested in, but thanks for letting me know!