• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Live From Montana

Eddy Yates

Reaction score
I’ve been reluctant to post any of my accordion playing here because I’m a rank beginner. Hearing my recording makes me all too aware of what needs work, but at least I’m to the point where I can express myself. The instrument has given me a lot of joy, and this little improvisation is just to wish you all the best during these tough times. And to thank you for the unflagging good cheer on this forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl7jqdozgxub0bu/Accordion outside 1 Sequence Mix.mp4?dl=0

Somehow the mic on the bass side crapped out, so you can barely hear the bass side. Ah, well...next time.

mgavrilov

Reaction score
You might say you are a rank beginner, but I watched the entire video and I enjoyed it a lot, so rank yourself higher :)

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well i liked it too... Montana suits my mood today... Thanks

dunlustin

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glorious views, great tone, good music played with affection.
Just what a locked-down man needs on such a day.

Tom

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really nicely done, Eddy, I liked it. And of course, great view!

Eddy Yates

Reaction score
simonmax said:
Nice and smooth. Beautiful sound.

Simon from the Holy Land

Thanks, Simon. 
I thought of trading in that Bugari because of the small keys, but the sound is really beautiful. Needs a bit of tuning now.

M

maugein96

Dingo40 said:
Eddy,
Well done!
Thanks for sharing  :)

Eddy,

Nothing wrong with that at all. Your experience with other instruments comes through, and the main thing is you enjoyed what you were doing. That came through as well. 

Where I live in the UK there are 7470 people in a square mile compared with your 7 in Montana. Shame you missed out on over seven thousand listeners! When we need to get away from it all, we don't go to London as there are 7700 per square mile there. To give you an idea of how we live New York City and state has 421 per square mile. Hong Kong is pretty rural by comparison, at just under 7000, but we can't go there at the moment for some quiet.

Beautiful backdrop! Enjoy playing in Montana, and keep drinking the cider from apples that don't taste of traffic fumes!

GeorgeH76

Reaction score
Eddy,

Very nice playing and photography.  I am not familiar with the song, but it sounded nice.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love the atmosphere of this forum... and I am finding a lot of inspiration from the good people here. From Tom I found a little piece of my "old country" and shared it. From this video, I was shown something that I had forgotten... that one doesn't need to be a virtuoso to invoke feeling and emotions from muusic. Let's see where this inspiration takes me.

Eddy... you should have been posting more and more often!

Well done sir, and thank-you for the inspiration. :)

Eddy Yates

Reaction score
GeorgeH76 said:
Eddy,

Very nice playing and photography.  I am not familiar with the song, but it sounded nice.
Thanks, George. The tune was completely improvised, responding to the moment. Some pretty good ideas, so I may make it a “real tune.”

JerryPH said:
I love the atmosphere of this forum... and I am finding a lot of inspiration from the good people here.  From Tom I found a little piece of my "old country" and shared it.  From this video, I was shown something that I had forgotten... that one doesn't need to be a virtuoso to invoke feeling and emotions from muusic.  Let's see where this inspiration takes me.

Eddy... you should have been posting more and more often!

Well done sir, and thank-you for the inspiration.  :)
Thanks, Jerry, and more power to you!

“Beautiful backdrop! Enjoy playing in Montana, and keep drinking the cider from apples that don't taste of traffic fumes!”-Maugein
Thanks! Enjoying growlers from Blackfoot River Brewery now.
Montana is very sparsely populated, and I love it, but I really love visiting London, and Tokyo, and Rome, and Sydney, and Nairobi, and I miss those crowds now in quarantine. But after 3 weeks anywhere, I’m ready to come home to Montana.
And thanks, all, for the kind words.