• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Live concert via Zoom questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Yates

Reaction score
I’ve done a search but can’t recall this being discussed and can’t find any threads.
It really looks like the pandemic distancing and restrictions may go on until 2022 here in the U.S., thus I’m looking to do more live internet concerts.
In a week I’m doing a benefit LIVE concert via Zoom, and am using Zoom simply because the host uses it. I find it has sonic limitations, even after I’ve set it up to use “Original” sound and supposedly bypassed all the filters and limiters that are normal in Zoom. There still seem to be electronic “artifacts” that have nothing to do with how I’ve miked and pre-amped the sound.
Any ideas for a better app or suggestions for a cleaner sound?
I’m using 3 microphones run into a Focusrite Clarett connected to my computer with USB 2.
Thanks. (And please don’t use this thread to rant about Covid).

Last edited:
Are we invited?

Of course! However, it's a political benefit for my long-time friend, Lieutenant Governor Mike Cooney, who is running for Governor of Montana.
It's also all-piano. That said, anybody who wants on can message me!

Yesterday we tested a method that completely bypassed Zoom’s filters and limiters. We used Sonar and the “Share screen” option in Zoom. Worked perfectly and original sound of the music was available to everyone in the Zoom session.
Will Test it on Cubase today and give full instructions here.

Yesterday we tested a method that completely bypassed Zoom’s filters and limiters. We used Sonar and the “Share screen” option in Zoom. Worked perfectly and original sound of the music was available to everyone in the Zoom session.
Will Test it on Cubase today and give full instructions here.
Hi Eddy did you get anything sorted in the end? I’m still menu diving my way to a better streaming sound through Cubase and YouTube. Any insights from your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back