• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Liscio origins and a small history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric46

Reaction score
At the beginning: violins and strings. End of XIX beginning of XX century. No accordion, no sax/clarinetto, no drums. I didn't find anything on video, of course!:p
Liscio Romagnolo
1 step. Clarinetto Orchestra Carlo Brighi Beginning of XX century

Liscio Romagnolo

2 step
a singer appears... Aldo Rocchi around 1930

3 step sax and female singer 1960/70

4 step the accordion 1950 Liscio Emiliano (Passarini, Stock, Venturi)

Liscio today (orchestra italiana Bagutti from Piacenza, my city)

And don't forget the dancers...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I'm always interested in learning about the history of liscio. It's great listening to them in order.

Thanks for sharing. I'm always interested in learning about the history of liscio. It's great listening to them in order.
Of course, it's not an accurate history. I am not an expert

Reactions: Tom
Thanks Ric!!! Makes me think of all the small, hard working dance bands just out there trying to make a living in the time of covid. Which brings up the evolution of liscio beyond the big show bands like Bagutti, Castellina Pasi, etc. It's the current model of accordion, singer and "basi" or backing track. Where the cost of musicians has been met with electronics. Not better or worse, just another step in the history of liscio instrumentation.

Thanks Ric!!! Makes me think of all the small, hard working dance bands just out there trying to make a living in the time of covid. Which brings up the evolution of liscio beyond the big show bands like Bagutti, Castellina Pasi, etc. It's the current model of accordion, singer and "basi" or backing track. Where the cost of musicians has been met with electronics. Not better or worse, just another step in the history of liscio instrumentation.

Yes, this is a very bad time with covid around for the dance bands. :sneaky: Very many people lost his job... About the evolution Franco (Bagutti) founded his orchestra in the early '70. He was an innovator. He created a big show through the years, not "only" music. A big band (10/12 TOP musicians), big screen, big lights... They played (before covid) 220/250 days/year. Italy, Europe, USA, South America, Australia. They made cruises (MSC, COSTA) with their supporters, Tv shows and more. They wrote and recorded dozens of LP. They have a big recording studio and produce for other bands. It's not a liscio band, it's an industry (marketing, merchandising, etc). As you said not better or worse, just another step. I like it?
I am happy for Franco (I personally know him, he is from Piacenza too) he deserves it but this show does not excite me.

https://www.discogs.com/it/artist/2998103-Orchestra-Bagutti in English

https://www.bagutti.it/catalogo hundred of LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back