• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Linus Åkesson's Commodordion

Reaction score
I've been subscribed to this chap on YouTube for a while now, he posts interesting stuff about music etc.. His latest video caught my attention: an ingenious homemade button-accordion-type-thing using a pair of Commodore 64s. It's definitely not your traditional accordion, but it's still pretty interesting.
There's a post on his website too:
I've seen a few people who have built/modified their own MIDI accordions, concertinas and melodeons, but never someone who has effectively stuck two computers together to create a fully electronic instrument like this. Very clever!

AccordionUprising

Reaction score
Interesting way to get an electronic signal from bellows velocity, with the microphone. I mean, there's lots of other interesting things about this creation too, but that one really tickled me.
Sooo many people have sent us notices about this project! It's been fun. I too thought the "mic the air leak" method of volume modeling was very clever.
I'm ideally curious what kind of accordion he plays. Is C system standard in Sweden? I forget.