• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Limex information

nagant27

Reaction score
Hi all. I Recently acquired another accordion that I bought for the acoustic accordion sound- that happens to have limex.
Once I figured that it works ive found that it’s pretty cool. It has 2 removable chips/drives as well. Is anyone familiar with how it works or how to find more sounds? It seems to have maybe 20 or so that I can find.
I have never played with limex so really know nothing other than what I have figured out by trial and error. I can’t seem to find anything that helps me get started.
My dad has a Roland so I’ve explored that a little and usually just like acoustic accordion, but I figured since I have it I might as well explore it
Thanks!

Dingo40

Been here for ages!
Reaction score
Nagant,
Our member George76 has a Colombo ( built by Bugari) accordion with a Limex midi built into it: perhaps he can give you some clues?🤔
BTW, George has a current post ("Rosalinda Waltz"), showing his Colombo with Limex in the I did that " forum: look it up!🙂 ( I was unable to open it just now).
Hang on ,
Here it is:

Last edited:

Valski

Reaction score
I looked at Limex a number of years ago and while it seems to be interesting and the product excellent it wasn't for me. There was the issue of getting the Limex installed in an existing acoustic accordion or purchasing a completely new accordion with that system already installed. This would also require an amplifier to use the digital sounds so it wasn't self contained like the Roland. I really liked the concept but decided on the Roland because unlike many of you don't have the skills to do it myself.

You should have a lot of fun with the Limex and I congratulate you on an amazing find. Enjoy!