• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Leaving Social Media

Due to a personal issue, I will no longer be posting on Facebook or other social media. Cancelled my YouTube channel. Many of my videos I posted here are no longer available.
I will remain in this forum group. Thank you for listening.
Good because you are an inspiration (at least to me).

Due to a personal issue, I will no longer be posting on Facebook or other social media. Cancelled my YouTube channel. Many of my videos I posted here are no longer available.
Whatever the issue is - all the best rectifying it.

I always find it sad when a piece of helpful history disappears. I don't do Facebook myself but find Youtube useful: many other platforms are not accessible without creating an account for viewing videos.
Take care. Hopefully this place stays usable for you.

I never use face book etc....its like the wild west!!with too many nutters !!
I always found your comments and Video's very informative and interesting . Good luck in what ever you decide to do .
Thanks for all the good tips !!

Hope all is best with you. I always think if I spent as much time practising my accordion as I do on social media I’d be far ahead from where I am now.
That is certainly true for many of us!
In terms of what I consider social media (that does not include this forum, Whatsapp, YouTube or email) the only one I have is Facebook. It is a great way to reach many accordion players to let them know I have new arrangements ready, and I also like the "accordion repair" (private) Facebook group to discuss repair issues. I have never tried other things like Instagram (probably rubbish) or Tiktok (certainly rubbish)... and I only briefly used Twitter over a decade ago when it was a new thing.
I guess that if I were to engage with more social media I wouldn't get any practicing done at all...

I see people talking about "Practicing." I'm new here....but I mostly just play....when I get a chance.
I would be very interested in resources or materials....or other members that can repair accordions. I have grown sons that are very handy....and I like puzzles. The only repair I've done was repadding on the right side of my old accordion. I replaced some worn out crumbly foam stuff with felt and leather to block the holes under the key pads.

I would be very interested in resources or materials....or other members that can repair accordions. I have grown sons that are very handy....and I like puzzles. The only repair I've done was repadding on the right side of my old accordion.

I've been slowly building up my skills - with help from the good folks here, and http://accordionrevival.com
Some of it has been out of my hands - I've had the bass buttons on two accordions jam in, and the bass strap on another broke. At first I found it very intimidating, but slowly I've been learning to do small repairs. I recently was given a 1930s accordion which needs a lot of work, but should be a good apprentice piece for me!

I've been slowly building up my skills - with help from the good folks here, and http://accordionrevival.com
Some of it has been out of my hands - I've had the bass buttons on two accordions jam in, and the bass strap on another broke. At first I found it very intimidating, but slowly I've been learning to do small repairs. I recently was given a 1930s accordion which needs a lot of work, but should be a good apprentice piece for me!
We have a bunch of accordions, like probably 10. One is a very nice Soprani. One is a Lux fish (or something like that) a bunch are old (including the original 12 bass I got in 1980)

Playing is what I've always done, as I was a very introverted and reserved teen. Music was an emotional expression of so many things I couldn't talk about. I always felt music and animals (horses and goats) kept me sane through my growing up....with faith being the foundation.
I love playing hymns as the a cordon is well suited to it. Like polkas and schmoozy old love songs too....and popular music from my parents generation. (I'm 50)
I got lessons from a man named Don Comfort who was a God-send of a teacher for me, and have some amazing arrangements of his in sheet music if anyone is interested.
I'm a very busy wife and mom....(I won't be living here) who intends to stick around and participate for a long time.

Thanks for the reply Rosie!

Due to a personal issue, I will no longer be posting on Facebook or other social media.
oh yeah. Social media is like fire. Fire is a good servant, but an evil master. Fire can warm people, but it can also burn them. It seems that the second mentioned experience happened to you. Nevertheless, I wish you to at least stick with us here on this forum. We don't see or hear each other in person, but I still have a wonderful feeling that I, a person from Central Europe, can communicate with people from the UK, USA or Australia, who have the same love for music and the accordion.

I wish you all the best and good health.

Best regards, Vladimir

Back