• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

La valse de la forêt

P

Pedipsych

Hi All,

I am having trouble finding the sheet music for this piece by Andre Verchuren (free or paid). Anyone have any leads for me?

Thanks

P

Pedipsych

Here is a post of the tune: .

Thanks for the link for the sheet music. Trying to figure out if this is it before buying it :)

Thanks

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice tune but it doesn't sound very Andre Vetchuren to me.

D

Deleted member 48

I think it is the one by Roger Vermeer, heres a YT link from a Verchueren disc with the Valse de la fôret, a mere arrangement of a German or Austrian folk tune, that can be found in many folk tune collections for accordion

The second tune in the sheet music Au plaisir des bois is also a Germano Austrian folk tune, arranged and renamed with a French title. Happens all the time with popular traditional tunes.

Often these French musette accordion players or the arrangers simply renamed a tune.
Confusing if you want to look for the sheet music
eg the Elvis Presley song Love me tender, I found in an Irish song tune book at home, called Aura Lee:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Me_Tender_(song )

A few years ago, someone asked me to find the sheet music of the tune Coucou by the accordionist Maurice Larcange.

Finally it turned out to be composed by Emanuel Jonasson in 1918
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Jonasson

Many times the singers and players are getting all the attention, the Original composers and arrangers have long been forgotten. But not by the internet.

P

Pedipsych

Glenn,

Verchuren actually has recorded this piece at least once and it is available on YouTube, as Stephen points out. Thanks, Stephen, for the interesting and informative post. I have ordered the sheet music from the site you identified so we will see. As often as this has been recorded and also played on YouTube by a variety of amateur players, I a, surprise it is so hard to find an accordion solo arrangement of it. The tune is unite simple and it would be easy enough to figure out.

Thanks again for the help and the interesting posts and links.