• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Keyboard Wear And Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pianoman1

I have been asked to join a local band who play jazz blues and some rock
Had one rehearsal which went fine But rock involves rapid thumping of the keyboard on bog standard chords Is this likely to cause damage I wonder Very new to all this so grateful for any advice

Remember that thumping and light, delicate fingering have exactly the same effect on opening and closing the valves. It's the bellows that determine how loud and soft you play. I would take more care of not pulling too hard than bashing the keys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that Glenn is right. That and if you have a tendancy to play with the fingernails hitting the keyboard, hitting that same keyboard harder can over a relatively short time cause gouges in the keys. Keep the fingernails short and well trimmed and this becomes a non-issue. :)

I have just found some rubber nail protectors which I use on the piano as I have very long nails on the right hand for playing classical guitar I am going to use them for the rock stuff

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back