• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Just bought 4 what I believe to be highend accordions

Why?
Are you planning to play them all or try to flip them for a quick profit?

If your post intended sarcasm, sorry, I missed that.
These may be usable accordions (depending on their condition inside) but none of them are what I would consider to be high-end. When in good playable condition I would estimate their value to be between $300 and $1.000 each... They can all be very nice instruments to play. I hope you will enjoy them!

Why?
Are you planning to play them all or try to flip them for a quick profit?
I just enjoy them, based on Debra's post they aren't as nice as I thought, but I really like having them around and playing them. I do intend to sell them, but that isn't what this post is.

If your post intended sarcasm, sorry, I missed that.
These may be usable accordions (depending on their condition inside) but none of them are what I would consider to be high-end. When in good playable condition I would estimate their value to be between $300 and $1.000 each... They can all be very nice instruments to play. I hope you will enjoy them!
They're in wonderful condition, but I thought that they were nicer then what you are saying here, that's unfortunate

FlickFlack,
AFAK, these accordions from the 1950s and 60s were reasonably well made workhorses for the amateur accordionist
not wishing to take out a mortgage, but less than at a competition/concert standard.
A bit like the good, reliable family car, not a Rolls nor a Lamborghini!πŸ€”
Nothing wrong with that, its what most of us have! πŸ™‚
Four is quite a handful to get all at once.
What's the story: are you already a player or just ambitious?🀫

Last edited:
FlickFlack,
AFAK, these accordions from the 1950s and 60s were reasonably well made workhorses for the amateur accordionist
not wishing to take out a mortgage, but less than at a competition/concert standard.
A bit like the good, reliable family car, not a Rolls nor a Lamborghini!πŸ€”
Nothing wrong with that, its what most of us have! πŸ™‚
Four is quite a handful to get all at once.
What's the story: are you already a player or just ambitious?🀫
I found a place where I could get them quite cheap and was keen on learning them. I thought because of the prices I got them at I would be able to resell at some point, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I dig this selection of accordions. They are all in kind of a sweet spot for me of value for performance/features. I don’t fault anyone that wants to spend 5 figures on a truly magnificent instrument, regardless of their skill level, but I think good serviceable instruments like these can keep up with some fairly advanced players, if they’ve been maintained.

"Flick Flack" is the name of a classic novelty accordion item: any connection?πŸ€”
See here:
Have you any previous accordion or music experience, access to a teacher?
Yes, it is one of my personal goals to play "FlickFlak" and one of the first real accordion songs I've heard. I have lots of music experience and will be majoring in trombone a year from now, but no accordion experience/teacher.

Congrats on your purchase, @FlickFlackAccordions! :) πŸŽ‰

I've got nothing to contribute regarding quality/financial value. I've played just one accordion so farβ€”the one I received (sight unseen) as a surprise birthday gift not too long ago. But I endorse what others have already emphasized: happiness is learning and playing. Making music with others is pretty great, too.

What about sharing and learning together with friends? Accordion ensembles are awesome. πŸͺ—πŸͺ—πŸͺ—πŸͺ—

Apart from dealers and other pros, I'd wager most folks don't often come into quartet of accordions all at once. How does that feel? (BTW, you might want to check out this forum thread about collective noun possibilities for accordions; it's a work in progress, apparently.)

Back