• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Joyful Nigun

hais1273

Reaction score

I found this very nice clip of an Israeli dance tune. I don't know of the lady playing the fiddle, but this looks like pretty good fiddle playing to me. I've seen the clarinet player perform with the Diato player Anna Pack at a Bal in Suffolk. The accordionist Sian Philips is a fine musician based somewhere in the M62 corridor. She often plays with the Wizards of Noz ( associated with the Leeds French/Breton dance group), teaches workshops and is charming person as well.
Three very fine musicians.

Anyanka

Staff member
Reaction score
That's Jo Veal on clarinet and Jane Lawrence on fiddle - I think they are both also accordion players :) I met all three of them during my No.1 Ladies days.

Anyanka

Staff member
Reaction score
Not for a long time! I left in September 2014, I think, after a year without leadership - we were under Tweed's wings for the first three years, then she left quite suddenly, end of 2013. After a year of taking on more & more responsibilities in order to keep it going, the work/fun balance was just wrong. Just after I left, Jane Ward took over and very capably steered the ship in a different direction: they're still going but it's not the kind of music I'd want to play.
I'm in four smaller bands now, three on accordion & whistle, one on bagpipes :) Except for our new Morris side, they're mostly dormant because of the pandemic. Couldn't and wouldn't be doing any of it without the grounding I got with Karen Tweed, I think!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Swedish joyful tune I Did That! 18