• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Important - Please Read This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This weekend one of our moderators has been harrassed on the telephone by a recently removed former member of this forum. I think this is absolutely outrageous behaviour on this persons part.

Myself and the moderators give up our time freely to run this forum and to keep it free from spam and other nasties. We neither expect nor deserve harrassment in our offline lives.

Due to this I have temporarily removed all Moderators from the forum. I will now be solely responsible for all admin and moderation duties. If you have an issue then you need to contact me - no one else will be able to help or assist you.

I am told (by a somewhat disgruntled member) that some members will be unhappy with this situation and that they do not approve of my administration or moderation of this site. If this is the case then I can only suggest that you stop using the forum. If you wish to have your account deleted from the forum please let me know by private message, the forum "Contact us" form or email to admin@accordionists.info and I will process your deletion as quickly as I can.

On the subject of account deletion, may I bring your attention to the following 2 sections of our “Terms & Rules”:

“You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.”
“We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.”

If your account here on the forum is deleted, whether you jump or are pushed, your threads & posts will remain. This is so that continuity is maintained throughout the threads that you have participated in, and the forum is not spoiled for others.

When your account is deleted, all personally identifiable data (name, email address, etc.) is deleted and all your threads and posts will be assigned to “Deleted member xxx” where “xxx” is a random number. Once this action is undertaken it is irreversible, and the forum will no longer hold any personably identifiable data of yours. This, I believe, fulfills the forums European GDPR Legislation obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.