• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

I was mentioned... who-hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is KIND OF accordion related.

I got my 15 seconds of fame recently via a Kirkus Review.  Those that know who Kirkus Review is, know it is kind of a big thing in the book review industry to have them look at your work and give you a good review as they are known to be brutal at times.

Two years ago I was the photographer that made all the pictures for Paul Ramunnis book called Accordion Stores - From the Heart.  It was nicely accepted by accordionists and people outside our world.  When Kirkus Reviews got their hands on it, they lavished a strong review of the book, but then the surprise came... they took the time to praised the quality of the photography and even mentioned my name!

As a photographer, I am published in several books, magazines and educational books but this is the first time that I receive any kind of accolade for taking pictures of accordions, and quite honestly, it has to be the work that I am proudest of to date.

I wrote up a small entry, if you would wish to read the whole story on my blog/website, and if you do drop by, thanks so much for visiting.  :)

Congratulations Jerry!

congratz

I love how summaries of this book makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the accordion

Way to go Jerry.
Can I have your autograph.

Thanks guys! :)
Some minor recognition is always nice... I wish there was MORE that I could do for the accordion. I'll have to work on that one. :)

I ordered the book from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back