• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

I thought the forum had ceased

Happy girl

Reaction score
I thought this Forum had ceased…. come to an abrupt end…..

For about 2 weeks now, if I tried to log into the site, I have been advised on screen that the Accordion Forum is a dangerous website …… My attempt today to connect has been successful, &, looking back at previous posts I see no break in communication, or mention of a serious malfunction, so I can only assume the antivirus system on my computer has been acting in an extra efficient manner…… Good to be back, I have missed you all.

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I too received such a disquieting message when I attempt to access the site at my work but at home and on my tablet I get no such messages. I imagine the new Forum appears different to differing anti virus suites. Anyway, glad to see you back. Better to be safe than sorry where viruses are concerned I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Happy girl post_id=48993 time=1501080356 user_id=322 said:
For about 2 weeks now, if I tried to log into the site, I have been advised on screen that the Accordion Forum is a dangerous website ……

Browsers have become more cautious. This website requires a login and password yet it does not use https (encrypted communication). This is a BIG RED FLAG for modern browsers that are up to date on security checks.
You can with some effort persuade a browser that the site is ok, and as long as you do not use the same login and password anywhere else it really is ok.