• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

I need some help

TpverStaf

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to the world of accordions.
I recently found some working accordions for a decent price on a local market and wish to know more about them (brand, model, value, really anything you can tell me about it). I attached some pictures, feel free to ask more info if you need/want.

This black one which has the words "HOHNER" and "TANGO I" on it. I couldn't find much abt this particular one on the internet, i don't even know if it's supposed to be black, the keyboard and a couple other surfaces on the instrument are clearly (badly) spraypainted black. I'm particularly interested in the little wheel with numbers on it (picture: "black_6"), because i have 0 clues abt what it's function is.

Overall the instrument has had it's best time, most of the keys and buttons sound out of tune. It's probably best to fix it up and sell it as decoration or keep it for myself.
Any tips on what to do with it, or things to look out for while fixing it up are very very welcome.

black 1 (2).jpgblack 2.jpgblack 3.jpgblack 4.jpgblack 5.jpgblack 6.jpg

Kind regards
ToverStaf (i mispelled my name when making this acount haha)

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that this one is overdue for the land fill. As for more comments I will have to refer
to "Thumper" ----

boxplayer4000

Reaction score
Re-cycle!! .......... There's loads of spares in there. The reeds will likely be Hohner T type (which are still in production) and useful as spares. There's loads of small screws, pins and fixings many of which are not made anymore and the bellows are probably suitable as the basis of a tuning table.

Ffingers

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Re-cycle!! .......... There's loads of spares in there. The reeds will likely be Hohner T type (which are still in production) and useful as spares. There's loads of small screws, pins and fixings many of which are not made anymore and the bellows are probably suitable as the basis of a tuning table.

Yup!