• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

I got me a new Box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zevy

Reaction score
{} <FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125>My newest acquisition - a Petosa AM-1100. It totally blew me away, so now its mine. Im actually getting used to it very quickly and easily. I recommend this model highly. {}

Congratulations on your new baby . Hope you have many years of pleasure together.

Zevy,
What a beautiful instrument. Best of luck with your new accordion.

Ed

Brilliant box - congratulations. :mrgreen: New or pre owned? :ch Looking forward to hearing you play it.. should be grrreat.

"Congratulations" as Ed asked, is it new or used? - An AM- 1100 Mussette, AM-1100 Jazz, or AM-1100 Grand Concert Model ???

Congratulations on your new baby, Zevy! Petosa makes the finest in accordions and you have a real gem. I have a Petosa Cajun Special that I have played professionally for many years. Hope you have many years of joy!

Glenn said:
Congratulations on your new baby . Hope you have many years of pleasure together.
<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Thank you, Glenn.

EMan said:
Zevy,
What a beautiful instrument. Best of luck with your new accordion.

Ed

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Thanks, Ed.

Soulsaver said:
Brilliant box - congratulations. :mrgreen: New or pre owned? :ch Looking forward to hearing you play it.. should be grrreat.
<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Pre-owned; or shall I say, already broken-in :ch .

Looks nice and I'm sure sounds great! Enjoy it! Is that the petosa model that comes with another middle reed block for a musette?

nagant27 said:
Looks nice and Im sure sounds great! Enjoy it! Is that the petosa model that comes with another middle reed block for a musette?
<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>No. And its very straight-tuned. The two middle reeds are almost identically tuned.
It does come with two grilles.

If your AM-1100 came with (2) grills, it was sold originally with (2) sets of reed blocks, (1) dry set LMMH with matching grill and (1) wet set LMMM with matching grill as pictured here - http://www.accordionists.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47&hilit=petosa&start=40 - The extra set of reed blocks & grill would have added an extra cost of $3000.00 USD to the original retail price.
Formally an AM-1100 with the dry set was a Jazz Model an AM-1100, with wet set a was a Musette Model and with 2 sets of reeds (dry & wet) was often called a Concert Model.
The well known Artist Dick Contino preferred an Excelsior in his performances for years until the 80s when he started using a Petosa AM-1100 and still performs with a Petosa today --

- The extra set of reed blocks & grill would have added an extra cost of $3000.00 USD to the original retail price.
Formally an AM-1100 with the dry set was a Jazz Model an AM-1100, with wet set a was a Musette Model and with 2 sets of reeds (dry & wet) was often called a Concert Model.
The well known Artist Dick Contino preferred an Excelsior in his performances for years until the 80s when he started using a Petosa AM-1100 and still performs with a Petosa today --

[/quote]
<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125><COLOR color=#0040FF>Some are indeed sold with two sets of reeds. In fact, I have a friend who has that. However, mine has two grilles to enable one to play with the muted grille that has a whole contraption that blocks much of the sound, even when the mute is off. The other grille is what they call an Acoustic Power Grille. It has no mutes, and enables the sound to rush out freely.

Zevy, in this picture, is that the power grill you refer to? My petosa has only a very heavy muted grill. Which of your two grills do you prefer?

1619192093979.png

Good luck with you new accordion ........thanks Jim D for the video clip brought back some wonderful memories of trips to the Las Vegas Accordion Convention Dick Contino performed many time along with his keyboard man Corky Bennett who is also a good accordionist and they always brought the House down !!! wow what shows and also nice friendly approachable and good fun .

Zevy, in this picture, is that the power grill you refer to? My petosa has only a very heavy muted grill. Which of your two grills do you prefer?

1619192093979.png
I use the "regular" grill, as it has the microphones etc. The "power" grill makes the accordion much louder. I use it only at a recital or a recording session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back