• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

i got a very quick question

A

accordian

so im learning the song lambada from this guy and he say's its then b flat b flat is 2 buttons below the c button isnt it?

I ask this because im getting confused i looked for it on a bass chart and it says that its the correct button but when i play it it doesn't sound right is it just possible my accordion is just a bit rubbish as i have a 32 bass chinese stella or a low quality stella

TomBR

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're right that Bb is two buttons down from C, the one in between is F.

If you play just the chord buttons, or just the bass buttons, C then F then Bb does the Bb sound worse than the others or wrong compared with the others? If the Bb sounds OK on its own are you sure your're getting the right hand notes correct.

If the Bb it sounds bad on its own it's probably the accordion. Do you use Bb in anything else you play?

Maybe he told you wrong, what are the other chords in the piece?

A

accordian

well when i play both together they keyboard sounds fine but the bass doesnt and when i play the Bb both on keyboard and bass both sides sound correct however when playing the song it doesn't sound right like the pattern / rythm of the bass sounds right but its like if you tried playing a song with a note off

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
try tapping the bass note (Bb or whatever) very lightly as if the button is red hot!.

george

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I don’t know this song really but if the Bb sounds ok in isolation and is the same note (matches) the Bb on the treble side then it sounds as if for the music piece you are playing that Bb is the wrong chord. I assume you know whether it should be major or minor etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bb is the correct note in Lambada....are you sure its not where you've placed it rhythmically that's making it sound odd....lamabada looks easy to play until you try and hold the rhythm down...good luck

A

accordian

as for the bass side i can play the treble and bass with correct timing however it just doesn't sound right

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
can you do a youtube of it then we can perhaps hear what you see as a problem

george