• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

I am looking for a Roland FC-7 Midi Controller foot pad. Does anyone have one for sale

Valski

Reaction score
Those are hard to come by and I would think that the best way to find one would be through something like Craigslist. I purchased mine through a similar Canadian source Kijiji.ca and it was a bit of a fluke that it was available. It's indispensable for the Bk7m and I love it. I was looking at a version that was jury rigged with non Roland and the actual one presented itself. Best of all I got it brand new in the box for a fraction of the list price.

The gentleman who sold it to me played keyboard and it was tossed in with his purchase of a Roland Keyboard. It was basically useless to him because it didn't work. Because scoring the FC-7 I purchased a FC-300 foot pedal which was promoted by Roland as the Bk7m replacement. Don’t go down that route as they have completely different functions and will not control the BK7M.

davidplaysaccordion

Reaction score
The fc7 is not midi. It’s just a set of seven switches connected to a cable with an 8 pin din plug on the end. Pretty easy to make your own for a fraction of the price if you can solder wires together. How I made mine:

Last edited:

pentaprism

Reaction score
Looking for a Roland FC-7 midi controller foot pad. Anyone selling one.

thanks
KR
If you can find one, it's probably in the range of $300, too much IMHO.

Make one for less than $100 if you have to buy all the parts needed, less if you already have parts laying around. All it take is basic soldering skill, a soldering iron, and some basic tools.

In fact, I had a genuine FC-7, but sold it (for about $300, I think). I preferr my own made from a DigiTech ControlSeven because the switches are arranged in two rows, not in a long one row, and I added one more switch (with the round cap in the photo below) for the "PEDAL SWITCH/EXPRESSION socket." That's why I call it an FC-8, not FC-7:

FC-8_from_ControlSeven.jpg

Below was the first version, made from 8 normally-opened-push-button switches from eBay, similar to this one, and an aluminum door threshold from HomeDepot. I later sold it on eBay for about $80:

PFC-8_1_FirstVersion.jpg

There are some threads on the FC-7. They may help you to make one:

Last edited:

Valski

Reaction score
Very nice job with the pedal. The original ones were somewhat pricey and unfortunately discontinued but they are sturdy. I got mine for a very good price but since I'm not the most technical person would have gladly paid full price for it. Many years ago I would always carry a soldering gun with me to gigs because it was not uncommon for someone to step on an amplifier cable and break the connection which more or less summarizes my abilities. Some of you may wonder why not bring a spare cable, but what would guarantee that the spare was actually not in need of repair?