• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Howdo Accordionistas!

A

Adam-T

Also Americans forget that the whole of the UK`s traffic is similar to NYC so travelling 100 miles here is like 1000 miles driving across the USA , we spend more time in traffic jams than actually moving a lot of the time even in relatively rural areas. and with Petrol near £1.40 a LITRE (not a Gallon) Couriers are a total Godsend ! .

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Matt Butcher said:
. Dont know whether Cleckheaton is a major tourist destination ...
I can say with some confidence that is not....

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Matt Butcher said:
I can say with some confidence that is not....[/quote]

And I can resoundingly second that.................third, fourth and possibly even fifth it....... :mrgreen:

AndyFereday

Reaction score
Matt Butcher said:
I can say with some confidence that is not....[/quote]

Its a former mill town. When Blake wrote about dark satanic mills it was that part of Northern England he was on about. All the weaving industry died years ago. Cleckheaton was one of the towns that didnt manage to reinvent itself very well and is pretty much a dead town. Think there are a lot of those up around that area...

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Something also about; "Thatcher, Mining Industry, Coal Fields, Down and Closed" :| but that's politics and as such is verboten ! {} This is how we roll {}