• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

How to switch back to C griff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne

Reaction score
While trying to adjust the reverb on a Roland F1XB, I somehow changed the settings to what seems to be a B griff button arrangement. I've reset the factory setting several times, but can not get out of the B griff note pattern. Does anyone out there know how to change this, and get back to a C griff pattern? And could you explain it? Thank you.

I would suggest printing a copy of the manual in a three ring binder so you can add highlighting, sticky notes, etc. I need to consult the Roland 1xb manual much more often than I have any other device I have owned, but I am gradually learning the many features, because I have done this.

Page 43-44 is essential for navigating settings. Page 44 explains how to save your setting changes so they aren’t reset when you turn off instrument.

Page 49-50 explain how to change treble modes. You’ll need to hold Set button, navigate to “trN” with switch 3 and 4 and then use switches 1 and 2 to change the treble setting to 1 ( c griff Europe)

I would suggest printing a copy of the manual in a three ring binder so you can add highlighting, sticky notes, etc. I need to consult the Roland 1xb manual much more often than I have any other device I have owned, but I am gradually learning the many features, because I have done this.

Page 43-44 is essential for navigating settings. Page 44 explains how to save your setting changes so they aren’t reset when you turn off instrument.

Page 49-50 explain how to change treble modes. You’ll need to hold Set button, navigate to “trN” with switch 3 and 4 and then use switches 1 and 2 to change the treble setting to 1 ( c griff Europe)
Thank you Dan. I do try to follow the manual, but still have issues which got me onto this mess. I'll try your written suggestions and let you know how it goes. This might sound simple, but when you say navigate, I assume I press 3 & or 4 repeatedly until I get to tryN (I haven't seen that one yet, so this helps). Thank you. Great, good suggestions!

Ugh it’s hard to even communicate what symbols are displayed. I Suppose it’s “trM” for “treble mode” but looks more like an N or upside down U. That’s why the settings list on page 43 is such an important reference!

Yes you use register switch 3 and 4 to toggle through the different settings. That is what I meant by navigate. After 30 or so presses of switch four you’ll get to treble mode.

it’s a wonderful instrument but changing the settings is like changing the time zone on a clock radio. I suppose the limited display is meant to entice you to upgrade!

I tried switching the treble mode and yes, it does not revert after a factory reset. An unlucky mistake for a beginner but should be easy to correct and get to the reverb setting you were trying to change.

I dialed reverb back from 65 to 20. It was a bit too much on factory settings. Fortunately it affects all the built in sets so you only have to do it once. (User programs are different but don’t worry about that yet).

Thank you Dan. I do try to follow the manual, but still have issues which got me onto this mess. I'll try your written suggestions and let you know how it goes. This might sound simple, but when you say navigate, I assume I press 3 & or 4 repeatedly until I get to tryN (I haven't seen that one yet, so this helps). Thank you. Great, good suggestions!
Yay, it worked! Thanks so much for your input. I was afraid I would need to relearn to play everything backwards.

I tried switching the treble mode and yes, it does not revert after a factory reset. An unlucky mistake for a beginner but should be easy to correct and get to the reverb setting you were trying to change.

I dialed reverb back from 65 to 20. It was a bit too much on factory settings. Fortunately it affects all the built in sets so you only have to do it once. (User programs are different but don’t worry about that yet).
This worked as well, I just need to save somehow so I don't need to reset the reverb every time. I'm working on that one next. Thanks again Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back