• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

How Sweet the Torment

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For Valentines Day perhaps.... since the women i love are always a bumpy ride...

Matt Butcher

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great, and, a different sound to what you did before. Seems to me like your mission to change your sound is going well, but what do you think?

NigelB

Reaction score
Well done, I'm sure it will melt her heart.

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Matt.... i heard this piece played by Paulo Fresu (a great italian jazz trumpeter) played as a duo with a piano... i was overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the sadness... i chased the title on youtube and found it was written around 1620 by Claudio Montiverdi and it's often played on lutes etc... anyways i've tried rather miserably to compose for the accordion but a large amount of the beauty is missing... i'm going to keep plodding away at it and i'm sure eventually it'll blossom into something rapturous rather than bombastic.... funny thing though is i've played with same bandoneon and offset bandoneon sound i usually favour but the sound is a lot different...perhaps because the melody is falling in this tune and starts a little higher so it doesn't come across as muddy as some of the other tunes i've tried that start and resolve lower down the scale...
Nigel... everytime i melt her heart it turns into a sticky mess that sucks me in and refuses to set me free...