• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

How much could I get for this accordion?

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome KT, I hope you wont be too disappointed when I say a 12 bass Piano Accordion is generally a childs accordion. Silvetta is/was a German manufacturer. Check ebay for similar sizes and achieved prices. Unless someone comes along and says they know better I'd guess at under c£50 with good pictures & a following wind.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
By the looks of this one its in pristine condition externally. You have a Italian made 12 bass that was produced around 1960 to 1970. These 12 bass models were produced in a large volume at the time as it was what is called "THE GOLDEN AGE OF ACCORDIONS" and these were in demand for instruction of beginners. Most of these were rented to a beginner for a period of 3 months and then a suitable model accordion would be offered for purchase. Most of these 12 bass models have seen their day and retired to the landfill and finding one in fine condition is rare. A new one will cost around $350.00 USD and will be made in China. Italian 12 bass accordions in good condition are going for around $150.00 to$ 200.00 USD. Musically yours; JIM D.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The "Silvetta" brand name or badge can be found on accordions predominantly made in Germany but it was also found on budget class accordions made in the Marche region of Italy. JIM D.