• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

How many accordions do you have?

How many accordions do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well we haven't done this for a while, and as we have a better poll facility on the new forum software I thought we'd run it again.

So... how many accordions do you have? Please make your choice in the poll above.

Always from 15 to 20 shop owned accordions.

Two CBAs the rest are various species of diatonic. Got six guitars and a couple of ukuleles, a mandolin, harmonicas... etc.etc.

1. Siwa&Figli Noce (walnut), 2. Siwa&Figli Champion, 3. Bugari 288 Gold Plus, 4. Bugari 288 Silver Plus, 5. Giulietti 127, 6. Excelsior 740 Magnante, 7. Titano Palmer Converter Grand 8. Serenellini Regina Gold, 9. Sonola SS 5, 10. Vesuvio (student model), 11. Victoria (student model) 12. Panitalia 80/19

1. Siwa&Figli Noce (walnut), 2. Siwa&Figli Champion, 3. Bugari 288 Gold Plus, 4. Bugari 288 Silver Plus, 5. Giulietti 127, 6. Excelsior 740 Magnante, 7. Titano Palmer Converter Grand 8. Serenellini Regina Gold, 9. Sonola SS 5, 10. Vesuvio (student model), 11. Victoria (student model) 12. Panitalia 80/19
Danp
Not so much a collection as an obsession?
Never mind, I can empathise!

I started playing the accordion seriously two years ago. I had an very old Hohner Tango II restored. It cost me a bundle but it has a great sound. I also took an interest in repairing and tuning accordions. Since then all kind of friends have been throwing old accordions at me. So I own nine now, but gave two repaired ones to friends who are interested in learning the accordion. I suspect at least one of them will be coming back ...

I'm still on the same two that I've had ever since switching to CBA - the ancient Hohner Amati for Morris and other outdoor playing, and the Pigini C37 for 'best'. I barely even look at other accordions anymore. I find it's the same with cars and husbands; once you've found The One, you can just start enjoying all the places they take you to ;)

I had to count, I’m actually at 9. Of those I think 2 (Titano Grand converter and my SEM 500 midi) would be considered ready to play. The rest need various maintenance done on them.
Weltmeister 4/5 120 bass
Weltmeister 3/5 120 bass
(2)17” Scandalli 3/4 120 bass
Titano stroller converter
General Accordion company of Detroit 4/5 120 bass 1920s vintage
1940s Paolo Sopranni 4/5 120 bass

I feel guilty about having two (Pigini CBA converter and Bugari CBA converter) - my justification is I live in two different locations and it saves lugging the accordion between the two places every week!

Do we count only working accordions? Unfinished restoration projects? Accordion-shaped objects we don't expect to ever play again, just use for spare parts?

I currently have one broken accordion, but I can see myself getting more broken ones to fix them. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand...

I try to keep my instruments "unboxed", so they're availble to play without fuss. Where do people with 5 plus instruments keep all the boxes and bags?

Hais,
Where do people with 5 plus instruments keep all the boxes and bags?
Where I live, moths can be a problem with any woollen bits like pallets, so I keep all mine in their hard cases (with moth repellent) sitting on top of a piece of carpet each ( which allows the case to slide easily) on top of the wardrobes in our bedrooms.
Lifting them up and down (approximately two metres) provides me with a major part of my daily exercise ?)
So far, this system has served me well for 50 years, with no complaints!??

Where do people with 5 plus instruments keep all the boxes and bags?
5+ would be me. I have a temperature and humidity controlled basement, I keep my 8 accordions (7 in perfect condition and 1 future fixer-upper to learn off of one day). There is ZERO chance of moth or bug infestation in my home. Living in a country with a cold winter is a huge advantage at times. :)

In the new year I'll be getting a multiple layer shelf that the accordions sit or stand in (in the *proper* position based on if they have Cassotto or not!), with custom made clear plastic cases. :)

(in the *proper* position based on if they have Cassotto or not!)

Can someone explain please (I'm sure its been mentioned before) how this proper position is different to just standing the accordion on its feet? I'm puzzled as the majority of reeds on a cassotto accordion aren't in cassotto -should we hang them diagonally? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back