• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

How do I share my recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrandyD

I figured out how to record a song on my FR-8X to a thumb drive. Now, how do I share that song?

It is 10 MB - that's pretty large for a short song in my opinion - or is it? It saved as a .WAV

It plays from my hard drive onto the computer. How do I get it anywhere so that I can share it?

thanks

Brandy

Hi Brandy
You can upload to a hosting site like Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/
And you can use an editor to convert it to mps3 whilst maintaining decent quality, which is poss small enough to upload here.

Thank you! Converting it to MP3 right now. We'll see where I get from there!

Got it down to 1.93 Mb - close, but not small enough for this forum.

checking out other possibilities!!!!!

thank you,

Brandy

You will not be able to upload the file to the forum andwill not be able to reduce the file size any more unless you edit the file to just the first few bars. I too would open a soundcloud account (free) and host it there.

Got it! I may have taken the long way around but it worked for a first time try. Might be addicted now!!! Easy!!!! Just lots of steps.

Recorded on FR-8x in WAV format. Converted it to MP3.

Used Movie Maker on my computer and made it into a video. Uploaded to YouTube.

It worked. Next one won't take as long. Had to figure out how to convert file types. Had to learn how to use Movie Maker. Had to remember how to use YouTube, along with my sign in name and password.

Got it!!!!!!! Posted under the "I did that" files.

Thank you for the help!!

Brandy

BrandyD said:
Got it! I may have taken the long way around but it worked for a first time try. Might be addicted now!!! Easy!!!! Just lots of steps.

Recorded on FR-8x in WAV format. Converted it to MP3.

Used Movie Maker on my computer and made it into a video. Uploaded to YouTube.

It worked. Next one wont take as long. Had to figure out how to convert file times. Had to learn how to use Movie Maker. Had to remember how to use YouTube, along with my sign in name and password.

Got it!!!!!!! Posted under the I did that files.

Thank you for the help!!

Brandy
keeps senility at bay, at least. Well done! :tup:

I've posted MP3s here before. What is the file size limit?

I think it was 1Mb - my recording was 1.93Mb - wouldn't load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back