• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

How can I fix the broken bellow?

zqd9853572002

Reaction score
My accordion's bellow is broken at the corner, not sure how it happened but the bellow must be aged definitely. I am not sure how much to replace a new bellow here but guess it cannot be cheap. So, are there any ways I can fix it in some simple method, such as using tapes or paper to seal it? I am not sure...

Here are some pics

微信图片_20221110203101.jpg

微信图片_20221110203113.jpg微信图片_20221110203119.jpg

Here's an earlier thread on the subject:
Another article:

Last edited:
The cardboard seems broken at this corner, as well as the fabric... What you could do is glue a piece of thin goatskin inside the corner. (That's the same material as used for the inner side of the corners, clearly visible in the picture.) You have to be careful that the goatskin is glued all the way around so as to have no air leaks, while also ensuring you get no glue around the seam in the corner because when the glue dries it hardens and would crack when you try to open and close the bellows. When the corner "works" again, put the metal corner piece back on: pry it open a bit, put it on, then clamp it firmly with something like bolt cutters (to press on the sharp edge while not pressing on the round part of the corner). Putting on new bellows tape is the last step.

Back