• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner paint repair

Reaction score
Have an all aluminum painted Hohner to work on. Shell is painted. Thick enamel paint it looks like. One section of the front face is worn all the way down to the aluminum. So let’s repaint it. Found a rattle can color that works. First pic is one coat, you can see the dark area where the aluminum is being covered, next pic is two coats and starting to look good. Probably should have used an aluminum primer coat, but I think this will be fine. I will do about 6 coats and sand to blend and then rubbing compound. Very repairable issue for an accordion with bad paint loss.

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 15
Thank you for posting this, I recently bought a Hohner with an aluminium case and will need to do a similar repair job on it so it is encouraging to see that you have had success with this.

Back