• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hohner instrument

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maestro

Can anyone out there give any info on a site where I might find out about a Hohner Concerto 2 number 418133. Made in 1979. Would it have been made in Germany?
Any help gratefully received.

maestro said:
Can anyone out there give any info on a site where I might find out about a Hohner Concerto 2 number 418133. Made in 1979. Would it have been made in Germany?
Any help gratefully received.

Hi maestro: Hows the weather in Oxon...wish I was there. Anyway, I did a little online research and found that if you go to the accordion museum in germany, they might be able to help. Their website is akkordeon-museum.de. (no period at end). Then click the Union Jack and hit the Impressum button. It will show you the EMail of the curator. Hope it helps.

Good bet it is German as China production started in the 90's .

Hi maestro: How's the weather in Oxon...wish I was there. Anyway, I did a little online research and found that if you go to the accordion museum in germany, they might be able to help. Their website is akkordeon-museum.de. (no period at end). Then click the Union Jack and hit the Impressum button. It will show you the EMail of the curator. Hope it helps.[/quote]

Hi Lasvegascolonel
Oxon, I'm afraid, is still very wet (too near to the Thames)....
Thanks for your help - I'll try their website. I've the chance of buying this instrument and want to be sure that it 's German, rather than Chinese, made. Although, from what JimD says, It's unlikely to be other than German made.

Hi Maestro, try this link for starters
hohner.de/ablage/
There is an email address there and someone from Hohner may get back to you.
Good luck, Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back