• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hohner Diatonic one button is not

Space_M0ther

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have an idea why one of the treble buttons (5th button down in row next to bellows) that is supposed to be C and D is only C? It is an old Hohner Diatonic button box in c/F (with low notes) with 21 treble buttons and 8 bass. Being new to accordions, I opened it up to see if there was something wrong with the reeds but it seems like it’s just meant to be in C. Any ideas why? Should I replace the reed?
I am just learning how to play an accordion for the first time. Hopefully my descriptions makes sense!
Thanks for the help!

embers

Reaction score
Welcome, Space, to the accordion world. You'll enjoy learning how to play one. First time is a fun time!

Space_M0ther

Reaction score
Have a look on http://forum.melodeon.net/files/site/CFclub30.png,

The C/C note is a Gleichton roughly translated as 'same note'

Common the outer row(s) of 'Club' and 'Steirische' boxes
Oh wow didn’t see this layout. Thanks!
Have a look on http://forum.melodeon.net/files/site/CFclub30.png,

The C/C note is a Gleichton roughly translated as 'same note'

Common the outer row(s) of 'Club' and 'Steirische' boxes
thanks! Hopefully I can work with this system!

TomBR

Site Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall from when I last owned a Club layout box one of the consequences of the Gleichton is that you can play multi-button chords anywhere up and down that row.
It could make you think Northern-European folk music was written around the diatonic accordion, but I think it's actually the other way round!

This site from Jax Delaguerre has great enthusiasm for the Club layout and its possibilities.

Many Club boxes in the UK have been retuned to standard two row. Nothing wrong with Club, it's just not what people are used to.

Last edited: