• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

hohner accordions sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the classic Hohner Musette, but no, all the accordions sound different, you cant tell it by videos

check "Liberty Bellows" Youtube channel, they have a lot of videos showing the different sound of their accordions.

accordian post_id=53899 time=1514426967 user_id=2458 said:
do all of there accordions sound like this?

Theres no such thing as Hohner sound. Hohner has made many different models over many decades, and all have a different sound. On top of that for the MM register there are different tunings depending on what customers want.

No.
<YOUTUBE id=W-MfHLGm9gw url=>[media]</YOUTUBE>
<YOUTUBE id=Cl6NAdA3www url=>[media]</YOUTUBE>
Now those are two 1960 Hohners of the Morino CBA category, one with free bass, one with standard bass. The second is indeed tuned with a tremolo reminiscent of stock Hohner instruments (which is part of the reason I dont use the tremolo in the second instrument version). Basically whats labelled German tremolo.

But usually when people talk about a Hohner tremolo, they mean an imagined particular MMM tuning of Morino-class instruments associated with the Oberkrainer style popularized by Slavko Avsenik, never mind that Avsenik played various different instruments with different tunings and the end result was quite more dependent on artist than instrument. But in my limited experience that is the strongest Hohner tremolo myth bandied around and it was good enough for marketing Slavko Avsenik or Retro branded Morino instruments that probably are a reasonable choice rather because of good reed material and a different bass construction if you dont mind that kind of tremolo.

Hohner has produced a variety of instruments and instrument classes, and while the overall balance and features for a given model are sort-of fixed, particularly earlier instruments still exhibit a lot of individuality in how they sound and respond.

Geronimo,
Thanks for the demos and explanation: impressive!<EMOJI seq="1f642">?</EMOJI><EMOJI seq="1f44d">?</EMOJI>

Never stops amaze me what people can do with these little metal reeds inside the two big wood boxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back