• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick_N

And yet another suddenly deprived of my daily (P) accordion postings, luckily I saw this site mentioned on Melnet so here I am...

I don't post much but do enjoy reading others' contributions, and hopefully much of the really useful but now extinct information on the other forum can be replicated here in time.

Am in mid Wales for the time being, learning on a 72 Hohner Bravo III.

Welcome! Yes we are all at a bit of a loss after the sudden loss of all that information, but we are doing our best to build it back up over here :) Glad you joined us.

Nick_N said:
72 Hohner Bravo III.

how do you rate this model - i had one once but wasnt sure about it ?

nice and light though :)

Welsh weather AND a Bravo? - Character building! Only joking...:) welcome on board
Actually I'm not that far away from Wales here by Chester...

For the record Only the Fusaliers & Raquel are Welch - those in Mid wales are WELSH ......... It`s no excuse for owning a Bravo though ------ (Sorry Couldn`t resist either :lol: )

smdc66 said:
how do you rate this model - i had one once but wasnt sure about it ?
nice and light though :)

Its great, cos everyone says Bravo when you announce youve stopped playing... :p

No, seriously - for the cost especially second-hand I cant fault it, has a nice mellow rich bass not too overpowering, and a pretty decent musette-style sound from the MM reeds, wetter than swing but drier than normal musette.

I know one day I can do better but I didnt see the point while initially learning and not even being sure whether or not Id carry on or have the accordion inclination.

And thanks for the welcome all. I should perhaps explain that Im really English, just fancied a bit of wet and windy weather...

Adam-T said:
For the record Only the Fusaliers & Raquel are Welch - those in Mid wales are WELSH ......... It`s no excuse for owning a Bravo though ------ (Sorry Couldn`t resist either :lol: )

Yep - I stand corrected, edited. There is an age one gets to when these little bits of detail slip past you. We could start a thread about how bad the spelling, syntax, grammar and punctuation is on boards. In fact we could start a another forum... :)
BTW its Fusiliers.... :)

Nick_N said:
Its great, cos everyone says Bravo when you announce youve stopped playing... :p

No, seriously - for the cost especially second-hand I cant fault it, has a nice mellow rich bass not too overpowering, and a pretty decent musette-style sound from the MM reeds, wetter than swing but drier than normal musette.

I know one day I can do better but I didnt see the point while initially learning and not even being sure whether or not Id carry on or have the accordion inclination.

And thanks for the welcome all. I should perhaps explain that Im really English, just fancied a bit of wet and windy weather...
Yep It isnt quite old enough yet to have been left in a cellar or loft for 10+ years. Many upgrade after a year or two, so it is a good 2nd hand buy. Once you know what to look for you can get better cheaper... so a nice trickle come back on the market, for that and the usual other reasons - lost interest etc. Popular size too, so prob not lose should you want to upgrade.

Sorry if the Humour was a bit OTT there Nick , I have a Chinese made Hohner Melodeon (A Vallenato in F/Bb/Eb) and it`s just fine - the advantage to a Bravo is that it can`t be that old so you know that you won`t have reeds falling out :) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back