• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hi from Nashville

B

billwolfe

Greetings all,

Another refugee from the all too soon defunct Accordion Forum. My main instrument is Irish flute, but I've played PA obsessively for years with uneven progress. I'm working on the CBA these days and love the compact layout and logic of the thing. If anyone's interested, I'd love to swap ideas on CBA fingering for Irish and other traditional tunes!
Bill

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Bill,
Welcome. Nice to meet you here.
Looks like quite a few CBA players here so I expect some lively discussions on this subject.

Matt Butcher

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Bill, I am hoping we can pick up on the CBA fingering discussions again from time to time, I learnt from it. If Ben Craptiger turns up here then we can guarantee some ideas will come out of it.

As for the music; I have quite a lot of Irish button accordion / melodeon recordings (i.e. diatonic instruments), any recommendations on PA / CBA of someone you think is oustanding in the Irish traditional music area? Or are you more into the live music?

E

EConcertina54

Hi, Bill! Charlie here - native Tennessean (from Knoxville), now living in Little Rock. My principal instrument is the violin, but I have been playing the English concertina now for about 7-8 months, and I just love it! I am now thinking seriously about the CBA, and I'm trying to decide on the system to adopt. I just posted a query on that. I welcome your suggestions!

Take care, and have a beautiful day.