• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m a newbie looking for a recommendation for a first accordion. I’m looking at French and Scottish music so I guess my preference would be one with musette.
im not looking to outlay thousands at first but maybe purchase something secondhand that will help me on my journey
Regards
Ron

Hi Ron, and welcome!??
The question of a first accordion is a perennial evergreen on this forum ?
The thing to remember is, no matter how experienced a player you are, there is no such thing as a "now and forever " accordion : needs, tastes, even finances change over time and there's always the latest must have best thing since sliced bread.
That's why just about all of us here have several instruments, each embodying yet another desirable aspect of accordiana.?
Overall best advice I can give a beginner is: try to find a used, Italian made, two or three treble reed, introductory model in good playable and acceptable cosmetic order.
At this stage, all else is vanity and expensive vanity at that!?
"New member from Belgium", Manu, is going through the same phase as you: check out his thread on this forum!?

Last edited:
Welcome Ron!

Dingo is right. Like property, the three most important things about your first accordion are condition, condition and condition. Other things, such as musette, cassotto, number of basses and reeds, keyboard size, country of origin, pale in comparison. Except for color. It is important that the color matches your sofa.

Please, please, please, find someone who knows how to assess condition to assist you in evaluating your purchase. You'll be glad you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back