• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Help identifying this accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshMatt

Reaction score
Hello all!
Just on the hunt for some help in identifying the brand/maker of a recently inherited 120 bass accordion. See photos below for emblem etc.
Good hunting and I really look forward to hearing all your thoughts and ideas...DAAF9232-1FA7-4578-B30D-C9D85A5AE458.jpeg1EFF4A6E-68B3-48C6-A0FC-1BD7AFCF7975.jpeg

This one is a "Delicia" they are made in the Czech Republic .
Quality is much the same as a German Weltmiester

This one is a "Delicia" they are made in the Czech Republic .
Quality is much the same as a German Weltmiester

No, it is surely not Delicia.

It's an accordion Weltmeister Diana 120 bass, probably tuned because it has the Barcarole emblem (Gündel company, Klingenthal) on the treble-grill. Produced in Klingenthal (Germany)…
Diana 2.jpgDiana 1.jpgBarcarole 2.JPG

The Gündel company (brand Barcarole) did not use this logo as often as their another logo:
Barcarole 3.jpeg

Best regards, Vladimir

Hi,
Close grill desiign
Thanks for the feedback. It is a fact that each center (of the accordions production) has more or less a tradition of its own design. For example, the German Hohner - Morino, Gola or Atlantic models - these model lines retain their typical design for decades.

A similar design "identity" was present in East German (Klingenthal: Harmona, Royal Standard) and Czechoslovakian (later Czech) instruments. These instruments (from the period of communist totalitarianism) may seem similar each other to many people in the West. To be able to orientate oneself in these accordions, one must be born and live in a given region of Europe. I live in Slovakia, and old boxes from Weltmeister, Delicia, Royal Standard, Barcarole, Horch are still very common here. So, it is not a problem to distinguish subtle nuances between them. So mostly, but not always. Quite often I come across rebuilt old boxes with changed original uniform “factory” design, and they have a truly timeless design. Either way, it is always essential the sound of the instrument and its quality. :)

Regards, Vladimir

Looks like a very nice accordion, in good condition. I would agree with Vladimir that it looks like a Weltmeister. From the registers it would appear to have four reed blocks on the treble side so that in itself would make it more than an entry level instrument. It would appear that the original owner did you a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back