• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Help identifying brand Made in German Democratic Republic

rachelt

Reaction score
Try to identify this badge on an accordion ( see attached picture) also says Made in German Democratic Republic
Does anyone have any idea/knowledge of this logo, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2736-1.jpg
    IMG_2736-1.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 42
M

maugein96

rachelt pid=67366 dateline=1569678787 said:
Try to identify this badge on an accordion ( see attached picture) also says Made in German Democratic Republic
Does anyone have any idea/knowledge of this logo, thanks

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the forum.

The logo is Weltmeister, and your accordion would have been made before 1989, when the GDR or DDR ceased to exist. 

Sorry I dont know very much about Weltmeister accordions at all. Some members are bound to have better knowledge than I have. 

I also dont know what period the logo would have come from, although Ive seen them currently for sale, with the adhesive backing still on them. 

http://www.accordionshop24.com/weltmeister-emblem-silver.html

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This Badge can be found on Accordions made in the former GDR 1949 to 1990
Made by Weltmeister and appeared on their Models of "Weltmeister" , "World Master" & "Royal Standard".

M

maugein96

JIM D. said:
This Badge can be found on Accordions made in the former GDR  1949 to 1990  
Made by Weltmeister and appeared on their Models of "Weltmeister" , "World Master" & "Royal Standard".

Thanks Jim,

I forgot it took almost a full year from demolition of the Berlin Wall until unification of what were the "two Germanies".

The official date was 3rd October 1990, so your time period will be spot on. I should have looked it up.

Don't think I've ever seen any of the Weltmeister models available in the UK close up, so the names of the models are well outside my experience.