• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Help Identifying Accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cplasch

Reaction score
Hi all-

I'm in need of help identifying this accordion! I inherited this when my father passed 20 years ago, and the nameplate on the front of it fell off when I was a child. The only identifying mark is a sticker on the back saying "Made in Italy". It's still in great playable condition and I would love to know what it is. Thanks in advance for any leads!

image00.jpgimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

From the grill I'm guessing a Crown accordion. Looks like it has a grill mute on and off, and if the switches don't repeat maybe 4 reed blocks on the treble side. I cant make out the switches. I believe these were sold out of Chicago. I am not familiar with these, but I'm sure someone here will.

nagant27 said:
From the grill I'm guessing a Crown accordion.  Looks like it has a grill mute on and off, and if the switches don't repeat maybe 4 reed blocks on the treble side.  I cant make out the switches.  I believe these were sold out of Chicago.  I am not familiar with these, but I'm sure someone here will.

Thanks for the answer-  From the remaining glue from the nameplate it sure looks like it could be a "C", but there's very little left.   :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back