• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hello ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Heyup

Refugee from accordion folking focussed forum....ooops ...that looks naughtier than I thought it might.......great to be here ......only been trying to play less than 18 months so a bit bewildered....but very entusiastic......crap....but enthusiastic !

CJ

Well no harm no foul there ....I think that would be cool.....or Subversive Ackordeenists :lol:

We are all deviants in some respect... :twisted:

Don't listen to him, he's not crap at all. Fantastic progress in a short time, musical and fun to listen to, a few rough edges perhaps but that's not the point is it?

Yo... Jarvo. Good to see you's here, too.

re Deviant Accordionists: Paul Hutchinson's website address is secretaccordionist.co.uk - that's how he likes to think of himself. About as secret as the location of MI6.

Tell us more Adam. We're all ears.

A Guy in Britain playing a Steirische ? (even bavarian music on the thing too) - if that doesn`t deviate from the traditional folk scene of Morris and Scottish country dance bands etc then nothing does - LOL ....

I love those Stierische accordions. They are normally decorated so nicely. My wife once was with me in an accordion shop and said "oh they look cute. I could play one of those". After she looked at the price card she changed her mind.

An alpine ensemble passed through here a few years back, and I was very impressed. They had a tuba, or rather a baritone playing the part of a tuba, but scarcely needed it.

The bass reeds in my Zupan are over 4 inches long and each has its own Helicon chamber, they sound fantastic (as does the rest of the box) but you can`t beat a real baritone or tuba in these bands ..

Adam-T said:
The bass reeds in my Zupan are over 4 inches long and each has its own Helicon chamber, they sound fantastic (as does the rest of the box) but you can`t beat a real baritone or tuba in these bands ..

Why not?.....bet you could with a big enough stick !! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:

Hi Adam.
What is a helicon chamber?
It it s sort of individual cassotto?

A Helicon chamber is a sound path, more convoluted and longer than a Cassotto, the (massive) Pallet is usually on the end and each reed has its own instead of all in one . some are better than others, The Zupan and other high end boxes have a more horn shaped path (so the effect is more tuba like than others) .

Sounds very interesting Adam.
I'll have to look to see if YouTube has any demos if these instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back